“Great restaurant near Piazza Bra”

Trattoria I Masenini
Ranked #67 of 1,351 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: tel: 045 806 5169
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

This is our second time to this restaurant and it did not disappoint. The food here is very consistent and the staff are professional.
The pasta and the risotto are always delicious. This time we had pea ravioli, seafood spaghetti, tagliatelle ragu and veal cutlet milanese.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We had a very good supper at Trattoria Masenini last night. The wait staff was friendly and efficient and the food was tasty. We started with potato gnocchi with a veal and artichoke ragu, San Daniele prosciutto and pasta fagioli- all were very nice. For the mains we were boring and decided upon the same dish, the suckling pig. This is a dish we have had all over the world, but on this night at this restaurant it was prepared perfectly. Our sides included three colors of carrots and the cippoline in balsamic vinegar. To say that the pork and the cippoline paired perfectly would be a complete understatement. The wine was great as well.
We were too full for desert so I can’t comment on that, but I’m sure it would have been excellent.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

A friend brought me and my wife to this restaurant and we were certainly not disappointed. Nice salad, nice pasta and extremely fresh fish served with potatoes. Definitely will come again. Just for the fish.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We arrived as a family and I was initially worried as the restaurant only had a couple of tables of people at 8pm. I should have had faith in TripAdviser, because everything was superb! We had the pork shanks, the fillet steak and the fish (cod), as well as sides of mash (YUM), spinach and baked endives. A half bottle of the house wine was really good too. By the time we left the place had filled up a bit more. The service was very professional. We had our bread and bread sticks replaced three times despite not being anywhere near finished each time which seemed a little odd, but I guess it showed they were looking after us. The restaurant inside is really nice and cosy too. The wine list is also really good. Deserts were also great, we had chocolate mousse and caramelised figs, both were delicious. Coffee could have been better, but that would be picky. Overall a bit more than what we wanted to spend, but the quality was worth it!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

A second hand recommendation got us to visit l Massenini and it was terrific. A Monday evening, not busy, an impressive setting. We had a bottle of mineral water; a nice glass of wine each; an incredible "crema di zucca" (pumpkin cream soup w/ pancetta and mushrooms)which we shared and they delivered in two separate bowls; mixed green salad, also shared; one delicious order of mushroom tortellini w/butter and sage; a fabulous tagliatelle with veal ragout - simply amazing; and we finished with a chocolate mousse w/salted caramel sauce and a pistachio parfait w/raspberry sauce plus coffee. It was as good , actually even better than it sounds, and all for €75. And our service was top notch. Strong recommendation as a don't miss place to eat!