Escalus Luxury Suites Verona
USD 247*
USD 205*
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Leon D'Oro(Verona)(Great Value!)
USD 233*
USD 97*
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast is servedshopping streetvia mazzinifashion suiteroom service breakfastsmall kitchenettemain shoppingjunior suitepedestrian zoneexcellent locationwalking distancestone's throwthe hotel staffpastriesrestaurant recommendationsthe staff was friendly and helpfulnoisy at night
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Such an incredible stay at this rather curiously named boutique hotel. The lobbyless entrance, steps away from the Arena, makes you feel like youre renting a private apartment. Even the basic rooms are spacious loft-style layouts with tasteful modern design-- actually a refreshing break from the ancient city sights in old verona. A pristine white bed with a cast iron four-poster frame, a peekabo shower and an in-room continental breakfast service are all luxury touches we loved. Staff (even though you never really see them) are available and friendly.

Youd have to have a good reason to stay anywhere else in verona!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank opalfire
Reviewed 11 November 2011

It is really hard to describe this property. I dont say this often but for Escalus, everything is perfect about it.
It is located exactly the center of the old city of Verona. In seconds you may find your self in the Arena or the shopping district.
The front desk personel is very polite and helpfull. The rooms are large, new, modern and very comfortable. Nice modern decoration and very convinient.
No restaurant or breakfast saloon, you get your breakfast to your room everymorning according to your order.

The only problem can be the parking for some who expects a parking in the property. You should leave the car to the valet or park yourself in public parking areas. But you forget this parking experience right after you enter your room.

If you are not travelling for business, this should be the choice. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Even the smallest suites are very comfortable and large enough for couples
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank meetjoeblack
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We had a great time in Verona. Escalus was totally under the radar. A modern boutique hotel tucked away behind via Mazzini the main shopping street. We had a comfortable room, they are all suites.
Friendly staff, valet parking, and breakfast in the room was all good. The location is excellent. Have fun!
(BTW we purchased a TIM sim card for unlimited internet service that was cheap and worked great but works only in Italy.)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TorontoTraveller2010
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Firstly I'd like to say that the hotel is in a great location and the rooms are very modern and stylish but unfortunately our stay here was not pleasant and we were on our honeymoon.
On the second day here I noticed that I could not find two items that we had bought with us and had already used, one of these being toothpaste which is very difficult to loose seeing as it rarely leaves the bathroom. One of the hotel managers was informed and she replaced these items for us. The next day I went to use some expensive makeup and noticed that this was also missing. When I informed reception I spoke to a different female manager and was made to feel like I was making the
whole thing up and was told that they were certain none of there staff would remove items from any rooms.Luckily we were only here for 4 nights as my husband and I began to feel very uncomfortable in this hotel.
On checkout we were told our 3 missing items had been found and that our room had been searched and the items had been located in a drawer in the bedroom. I assured the manager that I certainly had not placed these items in a drawer in the bedroom (who keeps toothpaste in their bedroom?) and she told me it was easy to forget! She then handed back my items from behind the counter. I told her that I felt the items had been removed by the cleaner and again she told me that the cleaners are told not to touch or remove items. I feel that the whole operation was a large cover up by the management team and know 100% that these items were taken from my room, and I am absolutely appalled at the way the incident was handled. I travel regularly and have never lost or had anything go missing before, and have also never been made to feel the way I was by any hotel staff before. The breakfast menu was also very limited and after 4 days we couldnt wait for a change and we also found our room noisy at night. I certainly would never stay in this hotel again which is a great shame because Verona is so beautiful!!

• Stayed: September 2011
11  Thank Jennifer-Mitchell
EscalusLuxurySuites, Direttore generale at Escalus Luxury Suites Verona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear guests,
first of all we would like to thank you for your compliments to our structure: the great location and the unique style of our hotel are actually our strengths.
We are very sorry for what you have written in your review and for the bad memory you have of your stay here.
Escalus has excellent reviews in all websites and all our guests have always very good words both for the hotel and for the friendly and efficient staff. The expression “we felt like at home” is one of the most recurring and pleasant compliment we usually receive. In fact, our structure is very small and we always try to do our best to take care of every little thing, in order to render our guest’s stay as pleasant as possible. We have only two housekeepers for ten rooms, and they have been working with us since Escalus opened in 2009. They are reliable and efficient and the average score on “Clean” on Tripadvisor is 9.7, almost the top.
When you informed us that a toothpaste and a plastic brush had disappeared from your room, and you granted us that you had controlled in the drawers of the bathroom, we immediately bought new items for you. When you came again, the day after, and told us that you couldn’t find a blusher as well, we immediately arranged for the second cleaning lady to go to your room and search everywhere, together with another member of the staff. They immediately found the three items in the upper drawer of the bathroom, near the shower (and not in the drawer of the bedroom as you wrote in your review). Maybe the housekeeper, in order to tidy up better the crystal sink top, put them in the drawer (where we bag you to search the first day).
We were really happy and satisfied about this discovery, and thought you would be too. But when we gave the items back to you, you seemed disappointed and you accused us of an “hypothetical conspiracy”.
Escalus is a boutique hotel, with very beautiful modern paintings, books and furnishings, but nothing has never been taken from our hotel. That is why the Manager asked you if you were sure, obviously not to offend you. You will understand that the Management has of course all the interest in the well being of all the guests.
We hope that this clarification will help you have a good memory of Escalus and of our wonderful city.
Kind regards,
Escalus Luxury Suites
The Management

Reviewed 28 September 2011

I found this hotel accidentally while researching on line about Verona. It was perfectly located between Milan and Venice. Also Verona is 30 mins from Vicenza where the trade show I was visiting was held. When we arrived, we found the hotel in a narrow building in a small alley way. The reception is on the 1st floor and our room is on the 3rd floor. There were 3 rooms altogether on each floor. Once we entered, we discovered the room spacious and welcoming. The decoration was clean modern and stylish. They had put a wonderful couch in the room and also a sink near the mini bar. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They had helped me book a few restaurants in advance and also planned our day trip to Venice. Final bonus: The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the Arena. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business