“Food ok but service not so ok”

Maharajah Ristorante Indiano
Reserve with
Maharajah Ristorante Indiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #199 of 1,351 Restaurants in Verona
Price range: USD 1 - USD 15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: MAHARAJAH:- Indian Restaurant Maharajah in Verona offers in sharp ambient the tipic cousine of the north indian regions. Selected first quality food is artistically offered with elegance and kindness. At lunch time today's course is offered at only 10 € & At dinner time it offers MENU €15,00. Maharajah Restaurant provides all type of parties in his site or by catering up to 500 persons (within 100 km.) Home Delivery available in the city of Verona only.ESTABLISHED:- 8th Dec. 2008.STAFF:- Well qualified staff, with well experience from 5 stars indian hotels.SEATING:- Main dining room seats 90 which can be divided by movable partitions for separate groups-booking.A semi-private dining area with seats 10 in the form of cabins.Well-maitained Bar with seats 16.DECORATION:- Restaurant is decorated with antique doors,arches,furniture,statues & portraits of great indian kings.CREDIT CARDS:- Visa,Master-Cards,Pago Bancomat.HOURS:- Open daily from 12:00-14:45 & 19:00-24:00RESERVATIONS:-Reservations are accepted.
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Very mixed experience at this restaurant. I echo the reviewers who described the food as "ok." It was fine. Not the most wonderful Indian dishes I have eaten, but fine and better than many. Menu in Italian and English and perfectly possible to order in English. We ate entirely vegetarian and there was a good range of dishes on offer, also many veggie starters - we liked the palak pakora. We were a bit disappointed by the salty lassi which was far too thin and watery and just flavoured with cumin seeds. But we were really disappointed by the service. The welcome was reasonably warm and we placed our order. The starters came, the three main dishes came. But the rice didn't come. We inquired after it. No apology. No "your rice is on its way." Time passed. The food was nearly finished (luckily the naan did arrive). We inquired after the rice again. Finally it arrived to accompany the last mouthfuls of our dishes. The waiter who brought it apologised - thank you to him. The owner (I think?) who took our order and the other waiter we spoke to (owner's son?) didn't apologise, and ignored us as we left. A pity. And I would have come back, because I'm staying in the area for 4 months. But I think I probably won't.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

This is a very good Indian restaurant with nice decore and tasty food. Service was also good. After 2 weeks in Italy, having some Indian Cuisine made a nice change. Great value for the quality.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

After a few days I was around the restaurant so wished to have Indian food. Seems to be good interior, good size but quality of indian food is just ok. Price vs food taste i would say so so...

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this restaurant on trip advisor for myself and the family.looking forward to a nice Indian meal.when we arrived, a big Indian man mumbled at us and pointed at a table.not even a hello out of this man.the restaurant inside is ok looking I suppose but it was very stuffy,don't think they opened a window in there for a long time.ordered starters,they were nice nothing spectacular..then ordered a biryani and a curry, I just thought that we would get rice with the curry or even the mumbling waiter could have informed us about the rice being separate.anyway when we realised this, we didn't want to put the mumbling waiter out of his way by asking for rice so we just mixed the dishes and it was tasty enough, naan bread wasn't great. I asked for bill he left it on table and I left exact amount, no chance of me leaving a tip for waiter of the year !we got up and left and he was standing there and didn't say one word to us. I don't know how that place is still in business because I would never go back there again and I would advise people not to go there either

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Maxed out with Italian food we fancied something different and loving Indian food this looked good.

The place was nearly empty when we arrived and the same when we left. That said it was a quiet evening all round by the look of it.

We both ordered Samosas to start, vegetable and meat and swapped midway through so as to try both. These were unlike the samosas we’re used to, the pastry being quite thick and heavy here. That may be a regional thing I guess but I’ve not seen it before and I’ve been to many, many Indian restaurants. The vegetable samosa was by far the best, nicely spiced whereas the meat version was quite dry.

We both went for chicken dopiaza for mains, plenty of chicken breast and well cooked onions. The sauce was a little disappointing though, not quite as I’d like it anyway being a little bland for me anyway.

Rice was good, garlic naan was okay but again nothing special. We also split a side order of spiced Chickpeas, credit where credit is due these were very nice, well seasoned and well spiced too.

Overall it wasn’t bad, I’d probably even give it another go if we were to go back to Verona.