“Derserves a Michelin star at least...”
Review of L'Oste Scuro

L'Oste Scuro
Ranked #30 of 1,351 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2018

I am blunt with my reviews, but this restaurant was a revelation in great seafood, except the oysters, which I am used to having in the US for a lot less money and with more taste... but that is not on the chef! You cannot make oysters taste sweeter!
I had the octopus with pumpkin and chanterelles on a smash of tapenade... it was sublime... I had never considered serving octopus with either of the accutrements so it was a real surprise to find out how wonderfully married they were. Then I had the amberjack (you must ask the chef about why his amberjack is different!) that was probably one of the best seafood dishes I have ever had; served on a bed of puree of salsify... I wish I had not been too shy to order a second order! My dark chocolate dessert with pears was light, cloudy and delicious, and they brought me sbrizzolona (and they were kind enough to let me take the second piece with me!) which was lighter than any other I have ever had (and if you never had it before I am sorry! you must try it when in Italy)... I can come back to this restaurant again and recommend it to all... service was excellent; not to mention that the chef personally oversaw everything... BRAVO to the team... they even brought me extra perfectly roasted hot chestnuts that my dessert came with...

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We met with friends for dinner before the Bocelli concert. This restaurant is located on a quite street and the atmosphere when you get in is very homely and warm. The decor is of an elegant Italian Restaurant which is what you want eland expect even if I’m Italian. The food (all fresh seafood) was amazing and very well presented. the staff very nice so I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

lovely relaxing restaurant with exceptional seafood, and attentive but not overpowering service. great oysters and fish.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on recommendation. Friendly and attentive service. Our entries were great. Tasty and fresh. Then came the mains. Dry and tasteless fish on both plates. If it wasn't for a few condiments, disaster. Inconsistent dishes. Tread carefully when ordering. A return visit? I think not!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

L’Oste Scuro right in the center of romantic Verona offers the best fish and seafood culinary experience in Verona...

The Chef is creative and gifted

The food and service were simply fantastic