“One of Verona's Best Restaurants!”
Review of L'Oste Scuro

L'Oste Scuro
Ranked #24 of 1,292 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2018

This place is fantastic, service is top notch, Chef is brilliant and personable. The food is so damn Good ! The only downside is that you will pay dearly for all of this. Although we are expecting to pay for quality food, I think almost €500 for 4 people is excessive. I don't say this to keep you away, but if you are cost conscious, keep an eye on price of what you order. Aside from that, this is my go to place when in Verona.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We have come in this restaurant without expectations, but we left astonished. Chef was kind and helpful with his suggestions of the food. All dishes which we tasted, were delicious.
We started with 3 different oysters, based on chef’s raccomendation...one better than the other. We continued with raw plate of different fish, scampi, shrimps....tasty. We ended with see bas, can pietro fish and a big plate l’oste scuro..da leccarsi i baffi...best best best restaurant
I will come again

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Highest level of sea food plates in a traditional italian restaurant!! Tastes that can easily satisfy any demanding person.... You must visit!!!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Look let me be clear - this is a special seafood place. The mealwe had was beyond splendid. Renee had a selsection of local fish tartare as a starter and I had seared swordfish with potato foam and porcini mushroom - mine was sensational and her only excellent. For mains Renee had amberjack with broad bean purée / porcini / fried capers and I had the linguine with small Sicilian octopus and porcini. We competed in terms eulogies - suffice to say we agreed this meal was one of the best ever. We had an excellent , local red wine for all of €30 and the service was as good as the food. Go there !!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Whilst not saying it wasn’t great - I’ve re-read some reviews and genuinely question the literal perfect grammar of the ‘English’ reviews on here. Not convinced they are actually authentic so sorry to be the harbinger of this news. Food was ok. Wine was ok. But really over priced with ‘so so’ service- wouldn’t return at those prices and have had far far superior seafood across Italy and Spain for half price.