“Excellent cosy restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We called here on a busy Saturday night without a reservation. We weren’t able to get a table at that time but was told to return at 830pm. We did and wasn’t disappointed. Service is friendly and helpful. Food was excellent served in a traditional rustic style. Lovely open fire gave a cosy atmosphere on a cold wet day. We shared a fish starter which was tasty. I had the steak in pepper sauce with vegetables and boiled potatoes, my husband had fish for his main. Both were delicious.
The restaurant has a quick turnover of tables during the evening and we noticed that other tables were given a glass of Prosecco on arrival, we didn’t receive it but it’s a small oversight compared to the quality of the food.
Overall an excellent choice of restaurant serving traditional rustic food, as opposed to your usual pasta dishes, with friendly service. We worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I guess I was expecting more from this restaurant, but it was good, not great. I had the daily mixed marinated fish to start which was nice. Tagliatelle bolognese next which left a little something to be desired and tiramisu to finish which was okay. I heard they offered a complimentary glass of prosecco at the beginning, we did not receive this. Although they did offer a nice shot of limoncello to finish the meal off, which was a nice touch. Overall it's pretty good value but was expecting a little more.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came there just after 6pm and were lucky to have a table without reservation. Several other groups were turned away as the restaurant was fully booked. The fireplace was just what we needed on the rainy day. The food was delicious and not overpriced (14-20 euros for a dish). We also liked the service and the cosy atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed an afternoon meal with friends at this place. The Gavi de Gavi was marvellous, the welcome prosecco was lovely and the food was outstanding. Most of us had fish and some of us had steak.
Overall with two bottles of wine, water and desert wine the bill was very reasonable around €250 for 6 of us.
The ambience is great also and would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

A friend recommended this restaurant to me, so I thought of trying it myself.

The place is very nice and the service is very good. When we arrived we were offered a glass of prosecco each and then some bread.

We got the 22€ fixed menu. I got minestrone soup as a starter (very tasty) and my friend the spaghetti with tomato sauce. I got the grilled salmon with boiled green beans and carrots. Very tasty, but the green beans were over cooked.
We then got the tiramisu which was one of the best I’ve had!

Before the tiramisu arrived, we were offered Venetian biscuits.

It is a very good restaurant and you must definitely go there.

Overall the bill was 57.50€ including service, sparkling water and beer.

1  Thank elias a