All reviews private island public water bus main island wonderful hotel yogurt sabrina lido boats vaporetto dock euro venetians tourists bustle lagoon marco
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

When I was planning my trip, I almost cut Venice out of my itinerary because I found it near enough impossible to find a basic room with my own bathroom in Venice anywhere near my budget. I was about to give up when I came across this little gem and I'm pleased I did because I wouldn't have experienced the beautiful Venice without it. The Island is so peaceful and calming , just what you need after a long day of exploring the city with its intense crowds. I purchased the 2 day Vaporetto pass for €30 and I literally hopped on and off it as and whenever the mood took me. Well worth it. If I remember correctly 4.2 and 5.1 lines go to the island from San Marco/ San Zacharia. It is a very pleasant ride to reach the centre. Loved it. If you miss the last Vaporetto of the night, you call them and they collect you in their own water taxi free of charge. I did use this service once and the gentleman who picks you up is very nice. Breakfast is an additional €9.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ubah A
Reviewed 24 October 2017

A wonderful hotel away from the crowds of mainland Venice. Very calming and quiet We arrived late at night, the walkway from the vaporetto stop to the island is about 200yds, but it is well lit. The staff were welcoming and helpful at all times. The hotel itself, is modern and a little quirky, I loved it! Rooms were spacious enough and very clean. The ride to mainland Venice is about 15 mins. We did not sample the restaurant, but found that having an evening meal on Lido gave us plenty of time to get back to Certosa before the last Vaporetto, though there is a courtesy boat provided by the hotel if you're having a late night. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is a lift
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate K
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We had a really lovely three night stay here. Quirky, quiet and friendly. The trips across the water to the main island were an added bonus rather than a hassle. You don't come to Venice if you don't like boats/ water after all. 100% recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This was a great hotel, and I highly recommend it for those who want to be near Venice but don't want to be where all the crowds and tourists are. They were really nice and upgraded me, and the room was very clean and spacious. Additionally, although there is only the bar and restaurant to eat at if you get back to the hotel, the food was very good. I would recommend visiting Venice, but also Murano and Burano (which I think are much cuter!). There is a cost to go back and forth from the ferry, so would recommend planning trips out in the morning/night to make the most use or getting the 1-3 day pass. Since this hotel is better value than the ones on Venice, you will be saving your money that way!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017

After the pressure and pandemonium of all the tourists in central Venice it was such a pleasure (10-15 mins in a Vaporetto) to be spending time at Certosa. They have a small hotel, bar, restaurant and a marina. Nothing else. No shops, no other houses. Just a large park, grass trees, birds and a few rabbits out grazing in the evening. All this just 15 mins from Piazza S Marco in central Venice. What a pleasure.
Restaurant is good.
Bar seems to be open all day and does bar snacks if that is what you wish to have.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo