All reviews san marco shared bathroom two bedroom apartment third floor hosts nonna canal
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Great location to get away from the boat loads of tourist who come in for the day. Beautiful part of town that is fairly easy to find your way around once you get familiar, but the exploring is part of the magic of Venice. There are treasures around every corner and this is a fantastic part of town to start. The owners Marco and his wife are the most friendly and helpful people. They will recommend restaurants, help with maps and suggest places to see that match your interest. They speak perfect English and Marco is a very interesting and likable man who can tell you much of the history of Venice.

Room Tip: Comfortable beds, super clean, quiet building. Rooms are on the 3rd floor without an elevator, no problem for us, but you may want to know.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank AMS2468
Reviewed 28 March 2017

Very helpful and pleasant hosts; quite and clean rooms; possibly a disadvantage is that it is located on the third floor,( no elevator) but hosts will help with the luggage. Can be reached by water taxi from the airport (or pick up passengers for the airport by taxi

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman S
Reviewed 11 February 2017

The place is pretty awsome compare to other hotels.
Getting out of the hotel and walking around is just marvelous.
The room is quite clean and well maintained.
Had a good time, staff are very friendly.
I lost my passpost after leaving the hotel however the hotel helped the police to trace me down- Good job guys

Room Tip: Do not get a room closer to elivator
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kuna S
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Good location in a quiet area, but not too far from the centre or waterbus stops. Nice clean rooms. We were in Nonni room, which has both en-suite and also aircon, which was a big plus.

Breakfast is standard continental offering, enough to set you up for the day, although a bit more fresh fruit on offer would have been nice.

Alice & Marco are very welcoming, and If we hadn't been to Venice before I'm sure we would have made much more extensive use of their local knowledge and recommendations.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laffingboy
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Made for a lovely first visit to Venice - I stayed for 3 nights at the end of August. B&B San Marco truly felt like a home away from home. Marco and Alice provided all the information I needed prior to my stay including very detailed directions. When I arrived, Marco's tips on places to visit and eat ensured my stay was filled with authentic Venetian experiences. The hearty breakfast provided a great opportunity to meet new people in an informal friendly atmosphere. The room I stayed in overlooked the canal and it had a balcony. It was spacious and the classical music CDs were a great touch. I will definitely be back!
Ahsante sana Marco and Alice!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo