Stayed here for four nights over Easter and was very happy with my choice. The hotel is on Giudecca island which is situated across the lagoon from San Marco and greatly benefits from being an oasis of calm from the mayhem of the tourist areas. The room was a duplex with a sitting room directly looking out over the lagoon to San Marco, a bathroom, of course, and a large dressing room. Bed was firm but comfortable and the staff were fantastic, nothing too much trouble.
There is a boat service ( complimentary) between the hotel and the main island which was perfect for our needs, so one can visit the sites yet retire later to a place of peace and quiet.
Food, as is usual in Italy, was very good and priced as one would expect in a quality hotel. Breakfast was a little disappointing but no real grumbles.
The one downside I had was the price of the spa facilities which I thought were very expensive even for Venice. I would have thought that residents would have had some "perk" in that department. However, the hotel did surprise me with a birthday cake although I have no idea how they knew it was my birthday! My wife swears she did not tell them.
Giudecca itself is less touristy but gives a taste of the real Venice. Near the hotel we found a really good restaurant serving local dishes.
I would use this hotel again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladio Hotel & SPA is an amazing building designed in the 16th century by the world-renowned Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. The property is a rare jewel in Venice, with its 58 elegant guest rooms and 21 spacious Suites and Junior Suites, a private garden and breathtaking lagoon views. It is located on the Giudecca Island just across the basin from the word-famous sister properties Bauer Hotel and Bauer Il Palazzo. BAUER.Palladio Hotel & Spa has a warm and welcoming decor with a soft color palette of pastels. Each of its spacious rooms is beautifully detailed with the finest paint decoration and tapestries, while still maintaining its original identity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotelopia so you can book your Palladio Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bauer Palladio Hotel And Spa
- Bauer Palladio Hotel Venice
- Bauer Palladio Venice