USD 519
Ca' Bauta(Venice)(Great Value!)
USD 158
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 187/night.

USD 640
USD 459
Agoda.com
Hotel Rialto(Venice)(Great Value!)
USD 266
USD 187
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 250/night.

USD 279
USD 222
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 285/night.

USD 362
USD 267
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 305/night.

All reviewsphilippe starckdesign hotelprivate taxi transferwelcome drinkmain barstunning roomrestaurant staffgrand canaljunior suitequiet alleycooked breakfastgood sizeprivate terracehotel entrancewalk in showershower doorcomplimentary bottle of prosecco
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I've been in Venice many times and this time I wanted to try out Palazzina Grassi. A modern design hotel.

The hotel rooms are very small, design is way too modern to blend with the rest of Venice, and result in a very cold environment that does not brings out what is the romantic tone of the city.

We changed 3 rooms, to try to find one with more "natural light" coming in, the first two had miserable windows and we felt kind of trapped inside this white... very white and artificial environment of the room.

We were supposed to stay 2 nights, but we run away after the first one, we paid anyway the second but who cares.
The service is professional, but cold and distant as the hotel. I woke up very early, just because I wanted to go away, and nobody was at the reception. Then I asked if they could waive the second night, not high season in Venice, and it took them 2 hours to tell me no.

Maybe somebody would like the style, but it surely unfit for Venice, very overpriced for the service and the room quality they give you. There are much much better choices, and for the same price we paid you can get a view on the canal, instead of the wall in front.

Room Tip: Be sure that you really really want to be in a spaceship, instead of Venice...
3  Thank AGADOTTI
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in early October and overall were impressed by the hotel, the reviews by 'theinspectorcalls' and Upintheair23' are accurate. The hotel has one large reception that serves as a bar, lounge and restaurant, while the roof terrace is delightful for breakfast it is only as good as the weather.

The lack of storage space, no bathrobes and no complimentary water beyond the first night were the downsides, for the room rate and pitch of the hotel these omissions should be addressed.

What made our visit so memorable was meeting Luigi the head chef on our first night. A delightful dinner later, we arranged to meet him the following morning to buy fish. An informative visit to Jean-Paulo the 68 year old fishmonger, lengthly negotiations and a few coffees later we were set up for supper that evening.

That evening we sat alongside Luigi and his delightful team while they prepared and cooked exquisite seafood dishes that had been customized for our taste. In Luigi, the hotel has a true jewel, whose international experience, warm personality and culinary skills will make us journey back.

This hotel is special, tucked away in a quiet corner, yet as always in this life it is the people that truly make the difference.

Paul and Kerry

Hong Kong

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Breakfast is an absolute winner, beautiful and served at any time of the day and in any location in the hotel. Superb. I just wish more small hotels would follow suit. The hotel is located up an alley about 50 meters from the canal. Nicely tucked away from the crowds. The picture on their web site had us believing the hotel was situated on the canal itself – it’s not! Nice roof garden to sit and sunbathe and have breakfast on. Excellent food, service on the whole good but some of the staff can appear moody. Our exec room was smaller than we expected and as with the rest of the hotel brimming with mirrors. It’s a good experience staying here especially if you like exotic glass decorations. Maybe a little more thought could go into the practicalities of actually staying in a room for a few days – like drawers would be handy …

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theinspectorcalls
Reviewed 20 May 2011

We stayed at the Palazzina Grassi in April for my birthday weekend. This hotel is absolutely amazing! We were completely blown away from the minute we walked in to check-out. It's very chic and modern... the rooms have a ton of mirrors and cool furniture. We stayed in executive rooms -- ask for one with a private terrace. The bar and restaurant are very swanky... a great spot to take a break from siteseeing for some drinks. It never seemed to get crowded in the bar at all which was nice... we felt like we had the place to ourselves at times. They also have a terrace on the second floor where you can have breakfast served to you! The hotel is located in a nice, quiet alley away from all of the crowds of tourists... but a very short walk to everything. The staff is outstanding. They booked our gondola ride for us and then walked us to the dock. I didn't tell the hotel it was my birthday but they must have noticed when I presented my passport at check-in... they surprised me with a birthday cake delivered to my room. The level of customer service at this hotel was like nothing I have ever seen... and I'm an event planner, so my attention to detail and expectations are definitely on the high end. I feel like this hotel made our trip to Venice. I can't wait to go back and I will definitely stay at the Palazzina Grassi when I do.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

Just loved this hotel and the staff are amazing! Nothing was too difficult to arrange, breakfast and all meals superb, romantic cruises and excursions. First class and didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: We stayed in suite 321. Quiet and own lift into rm