7,786 results
All reviews the executive lounge rooftop pool shuttle boat flour mill main island skyline bar diamond member nutella bar free shuttle shuttle service giudecca island beautiful hotel san marco large hotel hotel boat family suite the hotel offers
Reviewed 7 October 2011

After securing low cost return flights from Leeds-Bradford to Venice for £80 each, we could afford to pay a little more on the hotel.

My wife and I travelled to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We pre-booked the water taxis from marco Polo straight to the hitel jetty. The journey this way is certainly different to your normal transfer to a hotel! The Molino Stucky sits on Giudecca Island, not far from the Cruise Terminal, and part of the experience was watching the cruise liners sail past between the main part of Venice and Giudecca, from the pool on the top of the hotel, or at the quayside. It looks as if everyone on the boats line the rails to watch travelling in and out of Venice.

The courtesy shuttle taxis run frequently between San Marco and the hotel until late, and is a great free service saving you money on the water taxis.

The hotel we found to be clean, efficient and the staff extremely polite. There are a couple of little restaurants on Giudecca that are well worth visiting either for lunch or evening meal if you fancy a change from going over to the main part of Venice.

The room we had was overloking a side canal, and although not spectacular, was still pleasing enough. Large plasma tv and a number of English stations. The hotel even provided a congratulations card and a huge basket of fruit and a bottle of Cava - nice touch.

Just one final recommendation. For our actual anniversary night, we went to the El Paradiso Restaurant which is in a small side alleyway off the quay, and just over the Rialto Bridge. The meal was excellent, and we were not rushed at all - definately recommend this for a special meal.

All in all a really memorable romantic break, and I would go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main channel, so that you can watch the cruise liners from the comfort of your own room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank istanbul5times
Reviewed 7 October 2011

A high class place to stay during your visit to Venice. Having a drink on the roof bar is surely something enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My wife and I decided to go to Venice for a relaxing break from the 26 Sept to 30 Sept. We had taken advice from other trip advisors who had sugested that we should use the Public Water Taxi from Marco Polo Airport. This we did and we booked the tickets on line and got them pre-booked for only 13 euros each way per person. I believe if we had booked them as a round trip we could have got them cheaper. The boat trip to the Giudecca Island takes 90 minutes and you do get to see so much of Venice doing it this way. When you finally arrive at the Hilton you will be taken back by the sheer size of the place. It is a very modern looking place and has over 350 rooms. We were very impressed with the speedy check in and the prompt arrival to our room (126). Our room was stunning and very good quality. There were a few stains on the carpet but the room was spotless and the bathroom was palacial. One thing to be mindful of. The room has a mini bar which is very expensive. The whole mini bar is computerised so do not lift out bottles to investigate as you could be charged. We did have the two small 500ml bottles of water and had to pay 6 euros for each. The breakfasts were amazing and you would not want for anything. We had champagnee every morning and enjoyed the full english breakfast. The hotel also has a brilliant outside pool on the roof which was great for sunbathing and relaxing after exploring Venice. Venice is an expensive place to visit and please be carefull in and around St Marks Square. They are totally out of order with the pricing of food and drink. My wife was determined to sit in St Marks Square and have a drink and watch the world go by. We sat down at one of the bars which had an orcestra of 6 playing. We were given the drinks menu and found that the cheapest beer cost 11 euros for a 300ml bottle. We had one each at a cost of 22 euros and then got presented with a bill for 34 euros. To our amazment they had also charged us 6 euros each for the privelage of listening to the music. What ever anyone says a bill for 34 euros was far to much. A great place to eat in the evening is the Hard Rock Cafe. What value. A total of 60 euros gave us both a starter and main plus two large beers each. We absolutley loved Venice and would go back in a heart beat. If you shop around you can get some excellent places to eat and drink. We were surprised that St Marks square used to flood each day with between 4-6 inches of water. They do have board walks that you can use to walk around but these do get very crowded so pick the right time to go. We found about 1200-1300 the water was at its highest and the eneviatble problems in the square happened. We can only say good things about the Hilton Milino Stucky. It is a wonderful place and we felt spoilt and very relaxed as you are away from all the hussle and bussle. The hotel also has a regular free water bus service which is excellent and the timetable is very much kept to. We have tried to be as honest as possible with this Hotel/Venice review. It is magical. Thank You Hilton Milino Stucky, we will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Travellerclass
Reviewed 4 October 2011

What was supposed to be three days to visit the Bienalle turned into a nightmare when hubbie got sick and was admitted to local hospital. So I stayed 6 days here. It would be easy to think the superb superb service I received was a result of my hubbie's illness - or the fact the we are Diamond Hhons guests BUT - the staff really went out of their way, these were genuinely caring and thoughtful people. In my anxious state they became my friends - human friendly caring - I honestly don't know how I would have coped without their help and concern. So go - be nice to the staff - and enjoy all the rewards of a beautifully located hotel on the doorstep of one of the most fabulous cities in the world surrounded by beauty on every corner. (p.s. Hubbie is recovering! )

Room Tip: the front is worth the extra money for the fab views of life on the lagoon
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sombra471
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Firstly I should say that I'm quite a big fan of Hilton (outside the US anyway) and I haven't ever been particularly disappointed with their product.
I thought this hotel was really nice - the conversion from an old flour mill has been done sympathetically. My room was very nicely done. I particularly thought that room service was very good. I also appreciated a complimentary bottle of Prosecco they sent up to me (I think because of the tier of my HHonours card, but I was just happy to drink it!).
This is a large hotel and the layout was a bit confusing to be honest. If you are staying at the front of the hotel then you need to take the lift down to the Lobby and then walk to a different lift to get up to the pool. It's not a big deal but worth mentioning.
I had access to the Executive Lounge which I thought was ok, but it was a bit strange that it is just a fenced off part of the main restaurant and bar. I didn't feel inclined to spend much time in there. The lounge used to be on the top floor and was obviously much bigger in the past.
I thought the pool was spectacular but that a bit more attention should be paid to tidying up the sunbeds etc. There is no poolside service it would seem but there is a bar next to the pool so get your own drinks is the story there. They allow smoking around the pool which is not very nice to be honest.
The hotel provides a free boat transfer to Venice (to Zattere and San Marco) and the timings are reasonable. However on more than one occasion the boat went early and I found the staff to be a bit rude. I got there just as they were about to leave (early) on one occasion and was told "no, its full". Well it certainly was not! very frustrating as the next one wasn't for an hour. If you are coming from the airport take the blue line boat from the airport, but be warned it takes approx 90 mins and stops everywhere on the way. The cost is 25Euro return. This is probably the cheapest way to get to the hotel and is a reliable service.
The most disappointing aspect of the hotel was the bar/restaurant on the Ground Floor, next to reception. I ate there on my first evening. I think I could safely say that you should avoid eating here! I was suspicious that it was completely empty at 8PM... Anyway, I ordered a pasta dish which was a staggering 24Euros. When it came I am not exaggerating to say it was tiny - the size of a starter. It was actually quite tasty, but I told them it was way to small (I'm European, so used to small portions), they immediately knocked 20% off the bill which was quite fair but I got the impression that this was a common complaint. You can eat much better five minutes down the quayside near the Vaporetto stop. And in Venice itself there are some great places to eat for much less money.
Apart from that - great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo