This was our first trip to Venice and it was just fantastic. We picked Residence Corte Grimani on the basis of trip advisor reviews and their website. We were not disappointed!
The location was incredible with a small balcony right over the canal which was on one on the main Gondaliers routes which passed by every few minutes.
Chose Residence Corte Grimani if like us you want to be independant. This is a luxury apartment not a luxury hotel- there is a basic basement area for breakfast- and a small comfortable lobby. There is a £50 euro charge for unlocking cooking facilities but you can just use the fridge and sink free if you are eating out. We just loved having our meals overlooking the canal and watching people pass by over Goldoni Bridge and listening to the gondaliers singing.
Plenty of small local shops selling all the provisions you need. Ideally placed midway bewteen Rialto and St Marks. 5 mins beautiful iwalk to either.
Our Superior apartment had a very large lounge with dining table, sofa bed and kitchen area and bathroom. The second very large room had double bed sofa bed and independant bathroom. All very clean and to a high standard. It was hot in July but the apartment was very cool.
Tip Be aware some streets are very narrow and cobbled. Dont come laden with suitcases. There are no taxis here other than expensive water taxis. A gondala ride is a must -unforgetable- Go from St marks Sq and you pass the Palace, bridge of sighs and beautiful backwater canals. Buy a vaparetto (water bus) pass for your stay and if you have time visit the nearby islands Burano and Murano.
Venice is very busy by day but much quieter at night. Wandering through the sidetreets is a pleasure. ou never know whats round the next corner- we came across a Ferrari shop complete with an FI car!! dont ask me how they got it there!
Venice - We loved it, the children loved it - what more can i say!
Some people have said hard to find but if you directions no problem! From Piazzale Roma take Vaporetto number 2 to Rialto Bridge. As you get off turn right along the Grand Canal . Go along Riva del Ferro going by the portico of the palace on the Grand Canal. Cross the bridge and take the first street on your left (Calle Bembo); at the end of the street turn right on Calle del Teatro and then on your left until you reach Campo San Luca. From here take Calle Goldoni just in front. Go by boutique Armani and continue until Goldoni Bridge. Having reached the bridge look to your right and you will see Corte Grimani!! Take a few steps back and take narrow marble catwalk down the side of the bank that brings you to the Residence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Nozio Netplan srl, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice