All reviews doge's palace bridge of sighs yogurt sole apartment mark's square rooftop terrace private balcony attached restaurant tucked away perfect location quiet alley single room top floor small hotel no elevator full kitchen st marks
Reviewed 9 July 2016

The size of a prison cell but aside from space limitations I felt as if I was in the lap of luxury. Very clean and air conditioned, stocked bar fridge, and huge breakfast is included each morning. Friendly staff. Comfortable is the operative word here.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I almost forgot to give a review on this hotel, me and my husband stayed here for 3 days. On our first its been a long day but when we reach the hotel location i feel shocked by the good ambiance of this hotel I didn't expect that the hotel was so cute and it so relaxing location then the staff are so fast for giving us our room.
We arrived at noon the night shift receptionist name Alex gave us a great explanation on the facilities of the hotel and he gave us a excellent recommendations for a local venezian restaurant. Then one thing about this hotel not just the reception desk is good also the owner stafano and susana, this two are really excellent to be a owner they work for their hotel too. Then they are so kind with their guests.

We will back on this adorable and cute hotel. Nothing to beg for breakfast, Rooms, staff, cleanliness.

NOTE: this hotel is only 3 stars but they serve like a 4 stars hotel.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2016

My husband and I visited Venice to Celebrate our 31st Anniversary. We stayed at Ca' dei Dogi. The hotel is a few steps from the Bridge of Sighs and on a canal. The room was lovely, the staff wonderful and the breakfasts were amazing. If I find myself in Venice in the future, I would gladly stay at the Ca' dei Dogi again. Thanks for a wonderful visit!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I had never been to Venice before and when we decided to stay several more days after our cruise wanted a place that was small, intimate and in a quiet location while also being close to the centre of activity around St Mark's Square and easy to get to from the water taxi or bus where we did not have to drag our suitcases a long distance over multiple bridges. Ca' dei Dogi was that and more. As others have stated the rooms are not large but are well laid out and comfortable. The owners are fabulous and can't do enough to help you. We had a balcony which gives you more space but did not use it alot as it was so hot outside we preferred our air conditioned room while we were in the hotel and not out siteseeing (although with the location it was great to easily get back to the cool room for several hours after being out in the heat for 3 or 4 hours). The "continental breakfast" was anything but. You were greeted each morning with melba toast (which we never ate), croissants, yogourt , fruit salad, a mixed fruit juice and fabulous omelets (with toasted buns) and either coffee or to die for cappuccino (always had the decalf) - there was also a large bottle of water on the table - this was more than we could ever eat but it lasted us a good portion of the day where we only had a small late lunch. If you follow their instructions and look at a map prior to going it is to find the place (just turn down the alley before the bridge going over to St Mark's square - so narrow doesn't look like an alley at first and then the first alley on your left - there is a sign) We tried to get lost but it we found we could always find our way home (great bakery at the end of the alley and great restaurant across the square at the end of the alley). If we ever have an opportunity to go back to Venice this will be the only hotel I will stay at.

Room Tip: We were in Room 301 (Baltic) - nice with balcony - if you want a larger room 201 is larger and also has a larger balcony. Although there are only stairs they will help you with your suitcases
Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2016

The location is perfect; the hotel is near the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Square. The service staff is only reasonable; depending on the attendant , you can have good or bad suggestions of attractions in the city; furthermore, an attendant, called Alex, was extremely awkward when the room air conditioning stopped working. The breakfast is good, but limited, it means, always the same.

Room Tip: Single room
Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo