All reviews lagoon view breakfast room grand canal top floor water bus excellent location st marks square small hotel first floor san marco square watching the world blue line stay in venice large bathroom vaporetto stops stayed here for nights the hotel website
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I stayed here with my partner for 3 nights and I have to be honest and say that at first I was not sure on the hotel. I don't usually like old, as I find it a bit creepy, but I have to say it definitely grew on me and in the end was glad we stayed in a more traditional hotel to get the feel for Venice. The hotel is in a great location and easy walking distance to all the main sightseeing spots, well looked after and very clean. Also close to a few good restaurants that we dined at along the front. The staff at the hotel are friendly and very helpful, one lady really helped us out one morning when we were a little stuck on what boat to take to the nearby Island of Burano (which is beautiful), and her instructions were spot on and so glad that we asked. The whole trip my boyfriend had organised as a surprise for my birthday and I did not even know where we were going until that morning. Safe to say I was very impressed and had the best birthday EVER!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Just got back from a wedding anniversary trip with my husband. This is a small, quaint and clean hotel. You can walk to the grand canal, St Marks square and all the water bus stops from here. The hotel is well placed for restaurants and the main shopping areas.

The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel is safe and I never felt threatened as a tourist in Venice. If you take the first right out of the hotel after the tobacco shop and walk through and keep going to the north side of Arsenale, there are hardly any tourists there and loads of restaurants that the locals frequent.

I will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Wow...... Stayed in room 402 which had a balcony overlooking the lagoon. We could see the Doges Palace from here - after our evening meal, we would return to our balcony with a bottle of wine and just watch the world go by.....perfect. Will definitely be returning to this room.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in a perfect location with stunning views of the lagoon. Less than a 10 minute pleasant stroll to San Marco square. Plenty of restaurants, gelato and stalls right at the door step, as well as several water bus stops to get to anywhere further away.

The rooms were clean. Maybe a tad narrow and looks outdated, although I think thats just the authentic theme. Bathroom on the other hand was quite spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Water buses are interesting to use and takes some time to get your head round...especially which direction they are heading in. Water bus 4.1 and 4.2 pretty much take you around the island. Arsenale would be the nearest stop to the hotel, with 4.1 going anti-clockwise (left), and 4.2 going clockwise (right).

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at this lagoon side hotel which is just few minutes walk from Arsenale(Blu line,and number 1)and 15 minutes walk to St Mark Square as well as many bars,and restaurans nearby.We liked location of the hotel because of these and seeing blue lagoon everytime we go out was very refreshing as weather was beautiful everyday during our stay.
Our room 201(Erick Clapton's room)was garden facing room with enough space with bathtub,shower,mini bar,safe,tea/coffee making facility,tv,wifi connection which we didn't really have problems however,we noticed both carpet and wallpaper needed redecorating as it would have made this room look much better.
Breakfast room was on the first floor with few tables and they served continental breakfast with bread,croisant, cheese,ham, salmani,cereals,bowls of fruits,selection of yogurt,little salada,selection of fruit juice,selection of tea/coffee/hot chocolate which should be enough for those who don't eat much in the morning.People who prefer to eat lots(such as myself)eg full English breakfast might not be enough.
The thing we loved the most of this hotel was excellent customer service from people in front desk as they are all friendly,helpful,informative, and all speak good English.I believe what makes good hotel experience isn't always how expensive,rice the place/room looks,however,how much efforts people put in their customer service,and they all delivered that without doubt.
We only gave "Very Good" just because room quality I mentioned above,however,we would give "Excellent"for their customer service,location,and view.