All reviewsrialto bridgegreat locationfridge mini barring the bellminute walkpriced hotelnarrow alleydoge's palacereception desktrain stationrestaurant recommendationsfriendly hotelside streetyour luggagewater taxiquiet locationgrand canal
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We stayed for 3 nights at Hotel San Salvador and loved the experience. It was quite easy to find the hotel as it was located very close to the Rialto Bridge. But, the real stars were the owners - extremely helpful and super efficient. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SajVij
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at 150 euros a night expecting decent accommodation. The staff is lovely and very helpful however the rooms are extremely small and the bathrooms even smaller. The windows to the rooms don't open and can get very stuffy. We essentially used the room to get sleep at night because we would get claustrophobic within minutes of spending time in our room during the daytime.
The furnishings and linen is very old and the towels were a weird material.

The alley that leads to the hotel is scary with mosquitoes and draining water.
The great thing about the hotel is its location and proximity to the Rialto bridge.

I will not stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaurav H
Reviewed 6 May 2017

At first online picture glances, I wasn't sure about this hotel but it turned out to be better than I expected. The location could not have been any better for me, I have to say I got lucky, and for the price (150 Euros/night for a double). It was just me but I like a big bed. There was also a 3rd bed - a single. I had room number 20 which was off to the side of the front desk and the terrace. Sometimes, in the morning, I would hear some voices but it was also time for me to get up and get going and it wasn't for too long, so no big deal for me. The bathroom was up-to-date but the hair dryer is pretty useless, maybe it needs to be updated to a "real" one. Everything was clean and in order and quiet when it needed to be, even though it was so close to the busy Campo San Bartolomeo. Finding the place was super easy off the Rialto Bridge. I think it's a 5 minute walk at best. I can't say enough about the location - I was so happy with it.

Ambra, the lady at the front desk, was really nice, helpful and a delight to speak with. I heard her also speaking French and she spoke very good English. The gentleman at night was also nice but more quiet.

I highly recommend this hotel. I would stay there again and the price was unbelievable for Venice.

Room Tip: I liked my room but if you're a late sleeper, maybe get another one a little farther from the front desk.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nydtobias
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Very easy to find, located at the base of the Rialto Bridge, narrow alley, the Disney shop is on the corner. 10 minutes from the train station by the public water taxi. Nice little rooms, bed is comfortable, bathroom is small and the towels are actually linen. The sisters who manage the hotel are lovely and very enthusiastic. They recommended some places to eat, everywhere we ate the food was delicious. We asked for some hot water and cups as we supplied our own teabags and they were more than happy to supply them set out on a lovely tray.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynnsta
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Perfect little hotel less than a minute away from the Rialto Bridge. The owners are incredible, when we arrived they were prepared with several restaurant recommendations. Although the hotel is very central, it is down a small alley, so it is actually very quiet.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple