“Great apartment, excellent location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Discount at Harry's Dolci
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mitched5
Roanoke
“Mixed feelings!”
Reviewed 18 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

This apartment is well represented by the pictures. It is close to the vaporetta dock and is on a quiet residential island by itself. It is considered part of the Dorsodoro area of Venice but you have to take the water taxis to get to Venice proper. We bought an unlimted 48 hour pass that worked well and the vaporetta maps are fairly easy to decipher. Just pay attention to how late they run in the evenings because they do not run 24/7 so if you are a late nighter you may have to hire a water taxi that is $$$. So nice place, quiet. We had to buy toilet paper since there was less than 1/2 a role in one bath but that was not a big deal. We were only there 2 days and nights so no one called to see if we need needed anything. My main gripe was that I booked this through trip advisor that turned out not to be a good experience. You request a booking and the owner/manager has 48 hours to confirm the booking. So I did this and got a price and then the owner/manager said that the apt was available but that he was on vacation and forgot his TA password so could not confirm booking within the 48 hrs and that he would contact TA and tell them this to see if we could get a confirmation anyway. That didn't work and I got a declination for the reservation. Several days later the owner/manager contacted me and told me it was available and to rebook the reservation but it continued to be listed as not available on TA website. I contacted TA and they basically said we can't help you and that it shows available and pretty much ignored my requests for help. So finally, 10 days later I get it booked, I contact the owner/manager and tell him that there will be 4 of us, not 2 as the booking confirmation read and he said that would be an additional 12 per person per night for the 2 person to which I agreed. Then closer to arrival time I get an email saying that we will owe 35 cleaning fee and 12 taxes payable upon arrival in cash.And then I get another email saying we will owe 40 cleaning fee and taxes on arrival. So then I question him and he said ok only 35 cleaning fee. Walter who was supposed to meet us at the water stop said he as very busy and sent a Lara to meet us and give us the keys, She took us to the apt and had notes explaining the apt. ( I don't think this was her regular gig) and she said most important is to separate recyclables in to separate colored bags and to put the garbage out in the morning to be picked up( house rules), We said no problem, where are the bags for the recyclables and the trash. She said never mind I don't know where they are and just to put everything together. As she is leaving, I remind her that we need to pay her the cleaning fee and taxes. Stay is complete and get an email about the 48 I owe and how do I want to pay it. That is no problem but it prompted me to look back over all of my correspondence with the several people I had and the TA website. I find that the price quoted me on the first confirmation that was declined and the second that was confirmed varied by $40.69 ( 1st booking being less money quoted than confirmed booking.This was not due to exchange rate fluctuation as I was watching the euro during this time ) Then I see on the TA website that the apt is listed as 2 bedrooms for 4 people and when you go to book it, it gives you one price. No where does it say that you have to pay extra for 4 people, only that the owner can change his pricing at his discretion, then I see that you do have to pay tax per night that was less than what we were charged. I asked the owner/manager and TA to explain to me the price difference but got not response. you had to put down a 300 deposit on top of the full payment up front to book this apt. I told them to take the 48 from my deposit just to get this matter settled. It's not a lot of money but I felt that I was being nickled and dimed and the lack of response from TA gave me a real mediocre feeling about the whole affair. I corresponded with 2 different parties about this place. I have been a contributing member to TA for a long time but I will never book through them again. The apartment was nice and quiet. When I visit Venice again, I will stay in a quiet part of Venice where you are not so dependent on the Vaporetta.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: apartment
Liked least: TA booking experience
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sugarloaf...
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Great apartment, excellent location”
Reviewed 11 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed as two couples for four nights in March 2016. Great communications before the trip and met at the waterbus stop (Palanca) and guided the short distance to the apartment. The apartment is beautifully decorated, spacious and looks just like the photographs. We arrived first and grabbed larger bedroom with the ensuite but our friends were equally happy with the second bedroom and adjacent bathroom. There are several restaurants nearby which I've also reviewed on Trip Advisor. For breakfast we ate in Botti's (between the apartment and Palanca) most days where they have an interesting array of small plates. There's also a good supermarket not far away but it's down a small alley so make sure you know the name of the alley. We flew into Treviso and picked up a hire car. It's an easy drive to Tronchetto car park and then just four stops on the waterbus to Palanca. Negatives - two minor issues - the entrance which you can see on Google Maps Street View is worrying until you get there and the WiFi password is so,so long.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful lounge area
Liked least: The entrance!
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Riseandsh...
Miami, Florida
“Super Clean. Excellent Response. Good sense of humor! :)”
Reviewed 25 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Loved this place. Clean, spacious. Felt like home. :)

Owner was always available to reply to my questions.

If you are an observer, you will see this place has a good sense of humor :)

Your age range 35-49
Management Response
27 Nov 2015
Thank you so much Ginette! You were real Purple guests!!
NovaScoti...
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Gracious and comfortable rental in an ideal location!”
Reviewed 11 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We are together writing this brief review of our stay in the apartment in the last two weeks of October. We loved our time in this gracious, calm space, and particularly appreciated the aesthetic simplicity. The kitchen was well equipped, the knives in particular were a delight; all the pots and pans one could want were available. The living room space was ample for we three people. The bed was as comfortable as the one in our own home; bed linens were high quality. The bathroom was well fitted out and worked – warm water as you needed it; there were plenty of good towels The heating worked well; we were always as warm as we wished. There was plenty of cupboard and drawer space; the maid service did a fine job.

The apartment was wonderfully situated. We had garbage pick-up frequently and efficiently. One could not have asked for better security. The range of first-rate shops – baker, greengrocer, fishmonger, salmieri, even a man selling modest and delicious wines from large containers into your own plastic bottles – was extensive, and five minutes walk. The Co-op supermarket was not more than fifteen minutes walk and there was a shopping cart in the apartment. Italian fruits, vegetables, meat and fish were of high quality in comparison to the products in North American stores. We found our local “hang-out” in the Osteria del Botti (next door to our bakery). We took morning coffee, afternoon drinks and any number of dinners in this charming, simple and locally well patronized establishment. The staff were a delight.

We had perfect weather with sunny, warm, days and just a short experience of aqua alte which gave us some sense of the ambience in such times. That too was a pleasure. There are few areas for improvement.: We would have liked more artificial lights by which to read; the internet connection was sometimes unreliable; There could have been a more complete orientation on our arrival. The garden that was advertised was not available to us – there should be a spare key.

We loved our time at the Byzantine and would highly reccommend it.

The Canadians

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and asthetics
Liked least: No access to the garden (as advertised) and intermittent internet issues
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Elizabeth...
“Perfect! Must stay location!”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We have been to Venice many times. This is, by far, the only way to do Venice. Stay on Giudecca away from the madding crowds, live near actual Venetians at their pace. Great restaurants, and easy access to Venice proper. This apartment is PERFECT. The owners have exquisite taste, & have thought of your every need.

Liked best: Location & decor
Liked least: Can't think of a single complaint
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing