Hotel Ca' Dogaressa
USD 238*
Arlecchino Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
USD 225*
USD 200*
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
USD 389*
USD 364*
1,208 results
All reviewstrain stationcannaregio canalyogurtwater busgam gamjewish ghettojunior suiteminute walkcanal sidehotel ownereach morningvaporetto stoprooftop terracegrand canalvenetian styleshower curtainbreakfast is served
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have stayed here twice. Once in 2009 and once in 2011. Our first trip there were 5 of us in 2 rooms. The second time it was just my husband and I. Both visits we stayed in the canal view room. It doesn't share walls with other rooms, so it is quiet. Open the shutters in the morning to hear the church bells and watch working Venice go by with supply boats. The staff is wonderful the wi-fi is complementary. There is a discount if you pay with cash. Both visits we only used a few things from the mini fridge and both times they refused to let us pay for what we did have.

Andy will make you coffee if you get downstairs when breakfast first starts and he makes the best espresso in all of Italy. JMO!! Maybe it's that you drink it while sitting right next to a canal. I don't know... but it's la serenissima at it's best.

Room Tip: Get the canal view room - junior suite. Three shuttered windows open onto the Cannaregio canal. Quiet and the marble bathroom floor feels great on hot, tired feet!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelBGS
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Attention to detail perfect! Rooms are a nice size with on suite bathrooms in marble and tile. Super clean. The owners are extremely helpful and make you feel at home. Don't forget to go to the roof top terrace for sunset! The hotel is not on the grand canal so it's very reasonable and much quieter. Short walk over the bridge and you are on the main street to anywhere in Venice Don't miss this one!

2  Thank msphx12
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We were really happy with this hotel. I loved its location - walking distance from the train station, easy to find and, even better, just off the main tourist thoroughfare through the city (linking the train station with St Mark's Square). Once you get off that thoroughfare, suddenly it feels like you have Venice to yourself and the Cannaregio area (which the hotel is located in) is perfect for enjoying a quiet but attractive part of Venice away from the masses.

The hotel is excellent value - I chose one of the cheap rooms and, as a bigger one was available for the first two nights (of our four night stay), we were invited to use it for those two nights and then move to the room we'd booked after that. We were grateful but decided against given the amount of packing and repacking we'd already done on the trip!

I would, however, advise booking one of the larger rooms unless you're minimising travel costs because you'll get a canal view and the bed may be bigger. This was the one downside of the room we had - the bed was just too small. I'm not exactly tall, just 177 cm (slightly under 5' 10") and my feet were over the edge which made sleeping uncomfortable. The smaller bed might have been a necessity given the size of the room.

Other notes: The bathroom, like many in Italy, offers only the hand held shower head that can't be mounted on the wall for the type of shower you might be used to in other countries; breakfast offered some good options though I'll never understand why, in Italy, a country full of wonderful food, there is an obsession with providing cold croissants (known locally as cornettos) as a standard breakfast item.

Finally, the hotel provided free wi-fi connection and we were given the details for it on arrival. Ah, if only more places did that :-)

2  Thank Aus_PM_73
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Like everyone else this was booked having researched trip advisor extensively. Previous reviewers are right again. We have just returned from a four night stay in this fabulous little hotel/B&B situated in an ideal part of the city.
We decided to get the bus directly from the airport which takes about 20 minutes and cost 5euros each. We then walked the short distance to the hotel (we actually did it in a little over 10 minutes but I would say 20 mins at a more leisurely pace!)
I'd seen planty of pictures on trip advisor so new what to expect from the outside and this is typical of most of the buildings in the city. We arrived very early expecting to drop our luggage off and head off for the day before booking in, we were pleasantly surprised to be offered a lovely cup of coffee upon arrival and a very warm welcome from the member of staff (I didn't catch her name but she was the maid)
The owner arrived a few minutes later and showed us to our room. I had booked a superior double based on other reviewers recommendations. I thought I'd be a bit cheeky and ask if we could have a nice view with this room and was told this wasn't available!! We stayed in room 3 which is on the first floor at the rear of the building. It looks directly over the neighbouring property, however I can thoroughly recommend this room if you want peace and quiet.
Breakfast was simple but sufficient (fresh croisants, yoghurt, cornflakes) and as much piping hot strong coffee as you can drink!
Regarding the walk from the hotel to St Marks Square..... I'm afraid I can't give you the best timings for this strole because each time we headed off in the morning we kept finding different alleyways all of which lead to something new or another beautiful monument or building.
The room was cleaned and beds made up every morning.
All of the staff were pleasant, professional and unobtrusive.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Ca Dogaressa to friends and family and hope to visit again ourselves.

Room Tip: Room 3 faces the rear of the building. No view but lovely and quiet. This room did not have a bath
1  Thank greeneyedmonster2016
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Ca' Dogaressa was a well appointed, comfortable and well-priced hotel in Venice.

The location is not right next to the major attractions - but Venice isn't a big place, you have to walk everywhere anyway, and being somewhere off the main drag has its advantages.

The location is reasonably close to the station - which makes the walk with luggage possible and not too long.

The desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

I would happily stay here again if I return to Venice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo