“Glad We Found This Place! Costumes Were Fantastic!!!”
Review of Atelier Flavia

Atelier Flavia
Ranked #8 of 340 Shopping in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Since 1980 Venice Atelier specializes in creating handmade paper mache masks totally handmade in the tradition of "Maskmakers Venetians", embellished with precious fabrics, feathers, gold leaf and crystals ...Unique pieces. We also offer a wide range of tailored costumes for adults and children, coats, wigs and shoes, available for rental and sale. We also rent tuxedos.
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited this place during our one day trip to Venice from Florence. We pretty much walked around all Venice until we came across this place that sells or rents historical costumes of the Venetian tradition. Wow!!! I thought of the movie Amadeus when I walked in. The costumes were spectacular!!! The history behind the masks and costumes was so interesting. Please do not miss out if you get a chance to visit Venice. One of the highlights of my Italy trip.

All reviews
"photos"
"measurements"
"hat"

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We had reserved from Bordeaux, a costume for my wife for Carnivale. We gave measurement. We had a lot of choices between many costumes. When we arrived to pick up the costume, it wasn't posssible to have our choice because we hadn't gave the good measurements.
Immediatly Flavia and one of her wonderfull dressmakers took all the measurement and gave to my wife a wonderfull dress typical of this period.
Flavia and one of her dressmakers, Paola, spoke French. It was for us very interesting. Flavia and Paola gave me advices and I bought the traditionnal coastume from Venice : One Tricorn, a coat Tabarro and a Bauta (the mask) white. She was really an artist with a lot of patience. Adriano promise us to deliver the dress an accessories to the hotel CASA VERARDO in the evening for our dance, the tuesday.
Tuesday afternoon, we have a Ciccolate danzante and we had congratulations from the others dansers. And during all this day long we walked, took Vaporetti, Gondola in the street many people , specially Asian people wanted to take photo alone and with them. It was our special Day and we had a lot of success.
So, we want, another time, to thank Flavia, Adriano, Paola and their staff for their advices, kindness, familial wellcom and professionnalism. It was a very good week.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

The employees are very kind and help us to make the customs perfect for our hight. The customs are very beautiful.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I was in Venice to take the Venice Simplon Orient Express train. As I would stay in Venice for two days before the train journey, I decided to take the opportunity to do a costume photo session with a 1800 style dress. I did a bit research and read good reviews about Atelier Flavia. I contacted the atelier and gave my measurement. The atelier provided a few choices. I also contacted Bea, the photographer. When I arrived at the atelier, Ester was very patient and was willing to provide a few choices. I picked a bright pink dress. Ester adjusted the dress to fit me as I am quite petite. Adriano tried to show me a special good area for photo session. To our surprise, his family friend invited me to go upstairs to her home to take pictures. I was more than happy to visit the lady's home. It was my first time to visit a true Venetian home. The lady was an artist with such a young spirit. We had such a wonderful time to be creative following her advice! Her house was definitely colorful and unique. It was certainly a life time experience. The photos turned out to be incredibly beautiful. Somehow Bea made a few photos looking like oil painting. After that, we took on a ride in a gondola. So many people in the street paid compliments to my beautiful dress. Many people took photos of me as I certainly felt like a princess for the day. After the photo session, I decided to buy the pretty pink dress! Atelier Flavia had many other dresses which were all glamorous. It took me a while to make that decision as too much temptation everywhere. Ester made alternation for the dress and gave me the matching accessories. Adriano was kind enough to promise to deliver the dress to Belmond Hotel Cipriani the next day, so I could take the dress on the Orient Express and bring it back home. Now I have the pretty dress at home and great photos for the wonderful memory. I certainly cherish such a special experience. Now I am writing this review to thank Adriano and Ester, of course, also the wonderful Venetian lady who invited me to her home!

1  Thank LWB888
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 March 2017

My wife and I showed up on the Friday before Fat Tuesday during carnivale with no reservation. We were politely and professionally greeted by staff and shown the choices we had. Even with no notice we had a variety of great choices. Staff was patient and helpful. Even the owner was there to assist. Everyone spoke English which made it easy for us.

Our costumes were perfect and a big hit. We got stopped all the time walking through the streets of Venice. What a great experience - glad we had the opportunity.

Cost is $450 Euro per outfit - totally worth the one time experience. Just give yourself time to soak up the extra attention when wearing one of their costumes.

1  Thank rcaldin