“varied opinions on trip advisor but we went twice!!!”

Trattoria & Pizzeria Do Mori
Ranked #697 of 1,599 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Giudecca
Reviewed 10 January 2018

we happened to walk by and decided to give it a try.It certainly is fairly basic in seats ,tables etc but on the first night we had spaghetti carbonara and veal with lemon.Spaghetti as good as Ive ever eaten. We went again and I had spaghetti with squid ink,again as good as Ive ever eaten.Good draught beer as well.the waiter is from mumbai and the chef is from bangla desh ( but he still makes a good italian meal ).House wine is perfectly acceptable and,more importantly,very well priced.This is not an expensive restaurant.We enjoyed both nights and found the service vey good and also friendly.

1  Thank patbrownett
Toufiq A, Direttore at Trattoria & Pizzeria Do Mori, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank for writing our tripadvice.
Hopefully see you next year

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We ate here with some trepidation as we'd been here before a few years ago and we were disappointed. It think the management of the restaurant must have changed since then because today our experience was so much better.

I had Sea Bream, recommended by the waiter and it was really good. My sons had pizzas and really enjoyed them. With drinks and chips on the side our bill came to €74 which isn't bad for Venice.

The restaurant has great views over the Giudecca Canal and a wonderful Venetian ambience.

We will certainly return.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

The food was pretty good (we had the Risotto de Mar) but extremely over-priced. That and it took us about 30 minutes to get out plate. Kind of out of the way but has the "near the Plaza San Marcos" pricing and annoying "cover" charge. Lunch with water should never be 50 Euro.

Toufiq A, Direttore at Trattoria & Pizzeria Do Mori, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Sir, thanks for writing our TripAdvisor.
But you write everything false. You eate risotto seafood it was written on the menu each parson for 16 euro you have 2 risotto 32 euro wathe 4 euro coperchage 2euro for parson always write on the menu your bil is 40 euro not 50 euro .. I think it was best parice in whol airlande in gudecca.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I've been introduced to italian food from a very young age hence i grew very particular about my italian dishes. Trust me when I say EVERY dish here is FANTABULOUS! The server taufiq & the chef are very very friendly! I was here in Venice for 3 days. Luckily for me, I chanced upon this restaurant on the very day I arrived as it was just 2 doors away from my apartment so i had my 1st dinner there. I was stucked here until my very last meal. I had all my meals here EVERY SINGLE day!

All the pastas were awesome, DO NOT MISS THE CREAM CODFISH! (starters)

Tiramisu was huge! Good for sharing after a fulfilling meal! And it's only €5! Likewise for all the other dishes, they were all reasonably priced (ranging from basic pomodoro at €10 to lobster pasta at €20). Starters were going from €9-€14. All very big portion so they r good for sharing!

Hope this helps! =)

Toufiq A, Direttore at Trattoria & Pizzeria Do Mori, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thanks for writing our TripAdvisor.
They are nice cupola. We enjoyed your company
Hopefully see you in August

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Found this place through TripAdvisor and it did not disappoint. The food was simple, tasty and reasonably priced. I had the Milanese and the pork was tender and flavorful. The spaghetti pomodoro is a must! The service was kind and spoke some English. You are right on the channel and the view is stunning! Also, the complimentary limoncello didn't hurt either to wash the dinner down. Definitely would visit again when in Venice!

Thank for writing our TripAdvisor... hopefully see you again
Thank