“Very basic but close to station”
Review of Hotel Agli Artisti

Hotel Agli Artisti
Ranked #272 of 388 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We visited Venice last year so had seen most of the sights, but had one night here and didn't want to walk far from the station with our cases so booked the Agli Artisti. The good news is that it is very close to the station. The bad news is that the room is very very basic, and the en-suite with shower, sink, toilet and bidet was smaller than our shower at home! (no leg room to sit on the toilet!!). Our room was on the third floor with no lift, and the floors creaked so much that it sounded as though the people on the floor above were in our room. TV was an old analogue portable with 4 channels all in Italian. I suppose it depends what sort of hotel you are used to stay in, but this was expensive. Other good points - it was clean and breakfast was basic but edible, and staff were peasant

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizzyandtony

Reviewed 10 September 2017

the location is a 5 minute walk from the train station...that's the good news. The bad news is that it is a just a notch above a hostel feel to it. THERE IS a hostel by the same name across the courtyard (probably run by the same owners). None of the staff seemed to be happy working there. In fact, every worker I ran into at the hotel seemed to be unhappy. The breakfast served is just above minimal. Some rooms have refrigerators, some do not. As my review is titled, 'Accept this as a 2-star hotel', if you accept this, you won't be too disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017

we stayed there for 2 nights and found it not satisfactory for money spent . Do not get mislead by the web photo that its a big and fancy hotel . It has two big buildings and one is older than the other , to make matters worse there is no lift so you have to carry your luggage up the tall staircase to the 5th floor !! If you have heart problem or high blood pressure or are seniors it is highly likely you get a stroke before you open the door to your room . I have asked the front desk which is in another building for a lower floor rooms since there are vacancy , but the girls at the reception is not friendly basically telling us old folks if you dont want to stay then you get out ! The room fixture are old and the building . I cant imagine if there is fire then we will be dead for sure . The location is the best I have to say , its walking to Venice attractions without using ferry and porter .

Room Tip: ask for the building with lift or lower floor , be prepare to get scold by the receptionist
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
hotelagliartisti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Agli Artisti, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Sirs
We are sorry but she has never stayed in our hotel but in the guest house to the artists please delete her comment from our page and put it on the correct page as the two structures are not the same and even the same property

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My sister booked the hotel and was already unhappy with the services, wasting our time, shifting hotels in and out when we only have 2 nights there. We spent 1-2 hours packing and the rooms were not ready when we have our luggages ready the second day after packing from the other hotel. Honestly, who will want to shift around bringing luggages when you are on a trip? We just finished shopping with expensive Prada, Gucci, so we cant let the staff to shift for us.
The manager was not helpful and didn't see the wrong in the situation. He insisted he is right. Upgraded us to a slightly better 3 star for 1 NIGHT ONLY. So, we need to shift the other night. We did not want the inconvenience. We have many luggages and my mom is old. They really screw up our trip.

Now comes to my room, while we were shifting 1-2 hours (we are suppose to explore Venice), now we waste time shifting, they did not ask for passport AT ALL.

at night 12 am, they knock on my door, asking for passport! I said, can i giv u tomolo morning, (i slept), they said NO.

Can someone save me from this annoying hotel. We were worried it wasnt the hotel ppl who asked for the passport, so we followed him down and wait for him till he finished with the passport.

Therefore, this hotel is a CHAMPION!
Make your shift around, wasting your time, did not get the rooms ready after you have shifted, and knock at ur door 12am midnight insisting on your passport.

Nevertheless, they offered late check out - 1.30pm which i only took for 1 room,
Free tourist tax? 3.50 ? Thank you but all i asked for was, please dont shift me around and let me stay peacefully in the 3 star first day that you gave me. And, the answer was no. So, I am truly unhappy.

Please avoid this hotel at all cost. Look at the way the manager replies. CAPITAL LETTERS!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 715ongk
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I have two nights here, they make me shift between two hotels. When I said i want to stay in the same n don't wanna waste time and hassle shifting, they said, you need to pay yourself if u want to continue staying in the first hotel. they forced me and leave me no choice but to waste my time waiting and shifting hotels. The manager don't even care and was impolite.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Arial Ong L
hotelagliartisti, Direttore generale at Hotel Agli Artisti, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

We apologize for the accidental but on the day of your arrival we had a problem in our and we replied to another superior 3 star superior right in front of our 10 feet walk we immediately warned you the next day you would come back to us. The next day we told you to leave the luggage in the other hotel and that we would come and pick us up and we would take them to the room. For refound on departure we made you check out at 1.30 pm THEN TWO HOURS MORE IN RESPECT TO NORMAL CHECK OUT AND WE DO NOT HAVE TO PAY THE TOURIST TAX.