“Very pleased with this Hotel”
Review of Hotel Agli Artisti

Hotel Agli Artisti
Ranked #270 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 17 September 2016

I just stayed for 4 nights/5 days in this hotel- After spending 2 additional weeks in previous hotels in Rome and Florence..... I was thrilled to find that after getting off a 2 hour train ride- hot and sticky, I was literally a 7 minute walk from this hotel. Considering I was dragging luggage and a huge bag of goodies collected through my travels, and on one of the hottest days of the year- I was soooooooooo glad I chose this place if for no other reason, it was close! I found it clean, helpful staff, informative and covered all my basic needs! And a nice breakfast to get my day started- Will stay here again when I get back to Venice.....Soon I hope!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms if you can get one!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank JANINE P

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Comfortable and very basic room despite paying on line to be upgraded, plus walls I think are very thin! Room was always cleaned everyday and it's in a great location for getting everywhere so no complaints

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

The requested double were 2 singles and staff said push them together as the hotel didn't have double beds. Website photos suggested double beds available. No lift and 30 stairs to climb with luggage. Left luggage left unsecured in unattended area. The room safe was portable and placed on a shelf in the wardrobe. The bathroom mirror was broken. If you have the choice, stay somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peteraot13
Agli_Artisti, Direttore vendite at Hotel Agli Artisti, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Dear Sir/Madame,

thanks for your feedback. We apologize but it's not always possible to assign you a double bed instead of two beds pushed together, and I think this isn't a problem since I've travelled many times and there's no need to sleep in the middle actually. Here, we do not advertise any lift, so we cannot accept a complain for something we do not offer since you should be aware of what you book if you think to need a lift.

Luggage storage here is free of charge, and it's for clothes only. When someone has value Stuff or fragile we do have a safe room where we store them for free as well. Otherwise, 2 minutes from here, there're lockers inside the train station wherte you can store each bag for 5/7 euro per day.

Finally, we wish to apologize for the mirror. We must be more careful when cleaning, to be able to fix broken things

Thanks

Giacomo

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in end of august.
It was a little tricky to find the place, if you have booked here, please mind that there won't be a big sign or entrance.
We walked past it a couple of times but then eventually found a small sign on a wall.

The reception is at 99C!! The rooms are a bit further up the street in the next door.
Incredibly friendly and professional staff, helped us with everything we needed.

Our room was on the third floor and be aware, there is no lift!
But for us it was just great, it's surprisingly quiet, considering it is nextdoor to both a chiming church and the train station.
Location is just perfect, it was a nice room with ac and no complaints about the hot water (from the previous reviews I've read).
A little run down, but very clean and nice.

Only tried the breakfast once, but it was an ok breakfast.

Would definately stay again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2016

Very good location, nice arty reception, nice staff, rooms are little small but nice and comfy. Good wifi. Nice and clean common bathrooms. Small sitting area on corridors. All and all very good for the value. Is hidden on tiny street. Almost no sign to the reception hotel, just a piece of printed paper on the door - be aware of that. No lift and 4floors - can be difficult for older customers.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple