4,228 results
All reviewstrain stationgrand canalpiazzale romaacross the bridgescalzi bridgewater taxithe hotel staffcanal view rooman upgradepastriescruise terminalpeople moverstay in venicewonderful hotelconvenient locationthe main hotelrestaurant recommendations
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a few nights in late September. As other reviewers have said, this hotel is easy to find. That's a big plus in a place like Venice. Our room was very comfortable and spacious by Venetian standards and we had a little balcony that looked over the Grand Canal.

By mistake, I left my cellphone charger and Euro adapter behind. When I called the hotel a day or so later, they indicated that they would send it to me (of course, I had to pay for the shipping). Sure enough, they did send it! This is the kind of service that makes you want to go and stay in the same hotel again and again. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Greg T
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Thanks to everyone who advised that you can enjoy Venice alone. True indeed if you are putting up at such a hospitable and friendly hotel as in Antiche Figure, where everyone is warm and kind and puts an extra effort to help you feel at home. After the crazy parties with friends in Milan, I took the Frechiabiancca Train straight to Venice and true to what was mentioned by many here, it is heaven that you only need to cross the bridge to this hotel, unlike many who have to squeezed and struggled onto water taxis to many other hotels. It was already a hazzel dragging my luggage across the bridge, let alone figuring the water routes and tickets and pushing your way into the always crowded water taxi. The standard room was warm and clean, you do not need a canal view as you'll be out everyday anyway. Antonio and everyone was extremely helpful in sights and advice, I went to Burano island instead of the touristy Murano for a change, totally colorful and out of the ordinary Venice you'll see. Good to have a break on the last day of your trip to experience a quieter and more charming part of Venice, though it's one hour by water taxi. I was there for 4 nights, totally enjoyed the chat in the lobby with free wifi every other night over a drink or two. Being alone, you don't really hang out late outside, so the hotel staff were really nice companionship as you discussed your day of getting lost.

Venice was not what I expected, too crowded, too commercialized and over priced. The best view was from the Ralto Bridge where you can absorb a picturesque moment at night. I totally agreed that you can enjoy Venice alone, you're on your own agenda and especially when you can count on the hotel for any assistance and sincere concern.

The only room for improvement I would suggest is the breakfast, which was a little plan and simple everyday. However, they were pretty patient as I usually finished late while going online at the same time =P BTW, ipad and Mac work better on wifi there.

Room Tip: Book way in advance if you really need a canal view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank salsacapri
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We have just left Venice after two fantastic nights at this delightful hotel. Staff were brilliant and the rooms clean and very well appointed. But the truly great aspect about the oasis was the location. So close to the water taxis and the station (watch out for that bloody bridge. Too many steps after weeks of shopping in Rome, Florence and Milan). It was a great walk the Rialto and San Marko. But take the water taxi if you don't like steps. To the staff and management thank you for your genuine welcome and making our stay in Venice memorable

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Iainbr
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed twice in a three week period. Just before a 2 week cruise and just after. Stayed in the main hotel building for 2 days the end of September, 2011 and 2 days in a room in an "annex" building just down a walkway from the hotel. Either is a good choice. The bedroom in the "annex" is larger than in the hotel but the bath in the hotel seems to be a bit larger in the hotel than in the "annex". Breakfasts are great. You can order capucino from the breakfast staff and no extra charge. The location is great if using the port to catch a cruise. There is a new "People Mover" that runs from the main parking lot to the cruise port. Charge is 1 euro each. San Marco square is about a 30 minute walk through heavy traffic. Rialto is about 20 minutes. One advantage to staying at Antiche Figure rather than a hotel near San Marco is that you get to see the city as you stroll toward San Marco or the museums.
From the parking lot at Pizzale Roma, the hotel is two small bridges and about 10 minutes top away.

By the way, if you communicate with the hotel, you will probably receive emails from a person named Michele. No, not a female. But a very helpful guy who will give directions and advice for nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IrishinDallas
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 9/12/11. It was a little hard to find, but what isn't in Venice? The lobby is very cozy and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are larger than what we expected especially the bathroom. It was a pleasant surprise.

We were going on a cruise so the location was very convenient for walking to the People Mover, despite there being 3 step bridges to cross. I saw a video mocking people with suitcases going over these bridges. The moral was to pack light. I did and I was glad that I did.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple