“Just excellent....”

Hotel Antiche Figure
Ranked #7 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Having read previous reviews of this hotel it seemd to be a suitable choice for our four day stay. The reality was......just excellent. From walking out of the station to see it directly across the Grand Canal we felt we had made the right choice and once inside the experience just got better. The staff were superb, being both friendly and helpful at all times. Breakfast was a treat, especially when taken outside at the canalside. Accommodation was of a good three star standard, but the staff were five star. We will be returning to Venice and we will definately be returning to this hotel. To all the staff....a big thank you!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,914)

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Really easy to find facing the train station. Just 2 bridges from piazza roma following the right hand side of the canal. hotel situated next door to the grand Carlton. on the grand canal. ideal for sightseeing. lovely rooms and a nice breakfast. really friendly staff. we would very much recommend this lovely hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

One of the most pleasant experiences I've had with a hotel. I am sitting in their elegant dining area right now eating a more than adequate breakfast. Much more offered than other places in Europe. The staff is warm and friendly and literally ask you if you want a coffee or cappuccino everytime you sit down, which is great. You can sit outside right on the Grand Canal and have a drink while you watch the boats pass by. The rooms make you feel like you are staying in a 16th century palace.... Which is what it is. If you have a canal room it is like waking up in a fairy tale. The location is perfect if you plan on taking the public transit boats and they also will call for water taxi services for you on the spot. I really could say much more about what a great hotel this is. Five stars all the way around.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 26 August 2011

As many have mentioned before, this hotel is located across the river from the train station. I absolutely loved this hotel and it's staff. Upon checking, I was asked if I wanted to upgrade my room, and have free breakfast added in, which I did. Can't remember the cost difference, since it was 2 years ago, but it wasn't much, and well worth it. I had a 2nd floor room directly overlooking the canal. Although the decor wasn't my thing, everything else at the hotel was what I was looking for. Great personalized service, making you feel like you're family. Wish I could remember the staff members by name, but I took the time to talk to most of them. From the lovely lady, who manned the front desk and checked me in, (she also would make me fresh espresso every morning, while I sat outside for breakfast, watching Venice wake up) to some of the guys that worked there as well. Its always nice to find out how the locals live, how far they travel to work, etc. It gives me a better understanding of the culture and city that I'm visiting.

I apologize to the hotel, that this is 2 years in the coming, but hope the review is worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 26 August 2011

In my one week stay involving Rome, Florence, and Venice, this was my favorite hotel of the three. First and foremost, it's only a 5 minute walk from the train station (just over the canal). Once we arrived, the staff were extremely courteous and friendly and this did not change throughout the stay. They suggested a great restaurant for a late dinner and the hotel had free entry passes for the nearby casino. The hotel also provided a free service to Murano to see a glass blowing factory. They also explained to us the different methods of transportation and guided us around the different sites on a map. Also, good to note is that they held our bags after checkout to explore the city even more before departing.

Now to the technicalities... the rooms aren't that big (like most in Venice), but they are very clean and include a fridge and work desk. The bathrooms were clean and included a tub, toilet, sink, and bidet. Oh, almost forgot to mention... FREE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple