“Excellent Value For Venice”

Locanda Ca' Le Vele
Ranked #4 of 219 Speciality Lodging in Venice
London
“Excellent Value For Venice”
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Great little hotel one minute's walk from the Ca D'Oro Vaporetto stop on the Grand Canal (ten minutes ride from St Marks)...Ivan and Max are great hosts. I booked this at 60 Euros per night, mid week, out of season for a solo budget trip to the Bienalle. I really expected it to be a dank basement in a dingy hostel at that price in central Venice. Nothing further from it....great room, private bathroom, spotlessly clean. Paid an extra 5 Euros for breakfast in my room (coffee, croissant, roll, preserves etc), not a huge breakfast but after a heavy meal the nights before just about right...If they're still doing those rates I'll be back in two years for the next Bienalle (might even bring my wife!)...Thanks guys, I had a great time in Venice!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Comrie
Reviewed 17 October 2009

When I started to look for a hotel in Venice I stumbled across Tripadvisor. I was hooked on reading all the reviews of the hotels and came across Locanda Ca Le Lele in Venice. The reviews seemed too good to be true! f anything the reviews understated the merits of this spectacular hotel. This trip was for my wife's 40th birthday so I could not afford to get it wrong. Venice was the first stop on route to Paris with breaks in Florence and then Rome. The trip got off to the perfect start and in fact we could have stayed at the hotel for the entire holiday it was that great. The hotel is really central to all the major sights and a few minutes from the Rialto bridge and Piazza San Marco. The 2 brothers who run the hotel Max and Ivan were fantastic and even before we arrived in Venice they responded promptly to my many emails. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys a touch of class without wanting to pay excessive costs. I could write forever about how wonderful this hotel is but better if you just go and see for yourself. Outstanding. We will be back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2009

What a nice little hotel. You get off the vaporetto, walk straight and you hit the hotel. It's a block in from the water. So convient to everything. We didn't get on the vaporetto again until we left Venice, we just walked everywhere. You walk through the doors ot the hotel and walk right into this lovely little indoor courtyard. Only one flight of stairs up and you're at the hotel. It's a small hotel, but the rooms are a decent size. Two brothers run the place and they are so adorable. Very helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They bring you breakfast in your room. We had a wonderful time in Venice, and it helped that we were able to easily go back to our room to freshen up before dinner, since it was so easy to get to.

Indiana
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We were in Venice for such a short time that the location worked great for us because it is so close to the waterbus stop. It is so easy to get there, just off Ca d' ora stop on the no 1 line from the train station and just up the alley and across the street. At the end of our trip it was nice to not have to lug bags across bridges (we saw others doing this all over Venice). The owners are nice and friendly, the rooms are simple and clean. I loved the venetian style of the cloth walls and beautiful glass. Hair dryer in the room but not much for shampoo,etc (there was some but I used my own). Air worked great and I suggest not opening windows at night because we got bit up! Location felt a little far from San Marco so our last night was spent closer to the hotel because we didn't want to get lost and we were tired from our trip. I'm sure its easy enough to walk to the square, but I wouldn't have minded being closer to the square to spend our last night listening to the bands. We had dinner at a nearby seafood restaurant on the canal that was good and a great setting - an Italian man played the accordian and gondolas rode by. (I can't remember the name, but they suggested it at the hotel). Only small complaint is no internet access. The breakfast in your room is a nice touch and Max and Ivan were really helpful the morning we had to leave by bringing breakfast early and helping us have directions and times written out for the airport (easy to get to the airport, just take waterbus to land bus station and take the bus to the airport - the bus is packed, so get on early and it takes 20 or so minutes once on the bus). The cappuccino was great in the morning and the rolls were good. I am sad to be home and Venice was great! We would stay again unless we wanted to be closer to the action at San Marco.

London
Reviewed 15 September 2009

Excellent location, walking distance to great areas such as San Marco and San Polo. A 15/20 minute walk from the train station. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and contributed to my great time in Venice by offering their local opinions on where to visit and eat. Also the room price was very reasonable considering its location. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo