Lock in great prices from these sites
bekbo
Perth, Australia

If its all about the location?

Review of Hotel Airone
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Aug 2017
If it is all about location, then this hotel may suit.

If you want comfort, cleanliness and a bit of luxury, keep walking!

Our room was so bad as to be funny really, but we only used it when sleeping.

The breakfast which is just up the road at their other hotel was pretty good value.
Date of stay: July 2017
    AU$1,427
    AU$1,208
0.8 km from Hotel Airone
View more hotels in Venice
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2017

In Venice, it's all about the location. Let me be clear: I choose to sacrifice luxury in the room itself in exchange for a terrific location and view of the grand Canal. That being said, there was nothing wrong with the room. It was small but clean. It was plenty big enough for me and my luggage. I only stayed one night so it was all about the convenience of location – the view of the canal right from the window was icing on the cake. The bathroom was in the room, not down the hall, but it was a combination toilet and shower -- like you have on a boat or something. Essentially that means that after you shower, most of the bathroom, toilet, and sink are wet. Because I only stayed one night, I did my shower at the end of my stay, so it wasn't a big deal. Again, if you're looking for a four-star hotel, this is not the place. But if you want to spend the night over looking the grand Canal, this works great.

Room tip: ask for a room facing the Grand Canal (they're terrific!)
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

It is too expensive for its service. I booked a room for two people but there is four beds. The window cannot be closed because of the pipe of air conditioner. There is only one outlet in our room and no lift, no dryer in the bathroom.

When I reserved this hotel on internet, I am told this is a 3-stars hotel, but it's not. Actually, it shares reception with the other hotel which is called Canal and is a 3-star hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ruizhil2017
htlcanalvenezia, Direttore at Hotel Airone, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Sir, just two words about your rewiew to be clear with our future guests...HOTEL AIRONE is a 2 STARS hotel and this condition is very clear on every web site. There is no lift becouse all our rooms are on the first floor. You are right that the room was for four people even if you booked a room for two but this is an upgrade for a bigger room without any extra charge!!!!. For all our guest...if you need an hairdrier ask for it to the reception .....no preoblem we have them.
Thanks

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We were in Venice recently and stayed at the Airone for one night , the hotel is perfectly located on the Grand Canal , rooms were clean and comfortable. Mosquitoes are a bit of a problem but the hotel provides a repellent that you can plug in! The shared shower was a bit tricky but not unbearable.It was quiet and very peaceful! Check in is at the Hotel Canal next door , the staff are very friendly! Tourist tax is two Euro per person that you have to pay when you check in! Breakfast is also served at the Hotel Canal which was amazing! Scrumptious cakes and divine croissants! Hotel staff once again very friendly and accommodating! No issues with pigeons whatsoever! Best thing about the hotel is it is very close to the People mover which takes you straight through to the Cruise Terminal , perfect for cruisers! ;-)

Room tip: Choose a room overlooking the Grand Canal as the view is great!
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank _nickypillay29
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I traveled to Venice alone but found a family at the Hotel Airone. The staff was so helpful from finding water taxi to my wifi. Continental breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I felt very safe and my view from my room was beautiful overlooking the canal. The room was very basic, common for Europe. But who stays in their room where you have a terrific city like Venice to venture out in. I will differently stay here the next time I go to Venice.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank brickell05
Reviewed 12 May 2017

The hotel is very basic, only advisable if you are going to spend very limited time in the room. But the location is excellent and the views over the grand canal really charming. Considering prices inside Venice, I would repeat.

Date of stay: April 2017