See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Archies house is positioned on venice island off one of the main streets with resaurants bars etc. Archie himself and his son are nice and will happily help you with any questions or anything you need. The only downside is maybe the overall cleanliness, our room had dirty blankets and walls and the hostel had an overall shabby feel. But I supose you get what you pay for and considering the position the prices are relativly cheap. For this hostel location is everything, the conditions are easily livable and I would reccommend this hostel to friends with a warning not to expect a perfectly clean hostel. If you want a cheap bed in venice and are not too fussy then archies will be fine.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Twice now Ive been in Venice and when i get there the list of accomodations they give you at the info center is so difficult to read. So the first time on my way to check one place out I saw a sign that said rooms. The rest is history, its run by a father and son, who are very friendly. theyll tell you the good spots to go in venice, and most importantly how to survive on a student budget in a town with inflated tourist prices. And at 15 euros a night for venice, you cant beat the price.

Date of stay: February 2011
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dudefr0mcanada
Reviewed 15 December 2010

I had my doubts from reading the reviews of this hostel on tripadvisor, as I was on a tight "student" budget I decided a bed is a bed at the end of the day and being the cheapest accommodation in Venice, I went ahead and booked a three night stay 11th Dec 2010-14th Dec 2010.
The location is ideal, directly in walking distance from all major tourist hot spots in Venice, free internet and wifi, a nice welcome as I entered the hostel,.
I first taught when reading the directions from the bus terminal in Venice that it was going to be a tricky one and as I dont speak a word of Italian I found it quite worrying but it was very easy to find.
Besides all the positives there was two downsides to the hostel, I was a little cold at night but I helped myself to an extra blanket which was available in the room free of charge the other downside was that I didnt come across any other backpackers but I suppose it was my luck that was out and not the hostel itself.
Overall I would 100% recommend this hostel to everybody, I didnt experience any bed bugs or any problems with the hostel that others seemed to have experience and I am a picky one!
I hope you all enjoy your stay at Archie's Rooms!

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LuxuriousTraveler004
Reviewed 23 August 2010

If you are a budget traveler and you don't want to spend to much money then Archie's House is a relatively cheap and easy alternative, the hostel is near the train station, and very easy to get to. But .....the rooms a a bit dirty the place smells a bit of old furniture and age old dust and the kitchen it's all that clean.... but if you don't mind that then it's a goon place to stay for not much money and you can get around Venice in no time also the staff is realy friendly and helpful.

O..... one more thing, i didn't check the blankets for bugs because we didn't use any being it was summer but make shoure you do that before you go to bed ..... so the bed bugs don't bite :P

have a great time in Venice

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank vladsheep
Reviewed 30 May 2010

i was just about to go to sleep when i felt my skin tingling here and there....thought i was just paranoid, but turned the lights on and there were bed bugs EVERYWHERE. the staff were good enough to give me another room, but i'm almost too paranoid to sleep right now.

Date of stay: May 2010