“Meh”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

The food was eh, the toilet a mess and someone in the kitchen was smoking causing the smoke to be smelled downstairs. They handled it though, but its meh in my book.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff but average food, extremely overpriced. For the same money, we could have eaten something much better in a nicer place.
I got a pizza (average) and my wife a grilled fish and salad (average) and a Tiramisu (not fresh). We drank water and ended up paying 60€!
Wouldn’t recommend.
Nah!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was lovely. The spritz was very tasty. The waiter was pretty nice, but almost arrogant.

I had just landed in Venice and was looking for somewhere to eat on way to lodging. (Also needed internet since did not have a map yet and friends meeting weren’t to arrive until later...)

I have a soy allergy and the waiter was knowledgeable about the food. This was a good sign so I stayed and Immediately ordered a Spritz (it was tasty and a good price.)

However, when I tried to order the gnocchi (which was also tasty) the waiter literally argued with me. He did not want me to get the (affordable) gnocchi and kept insisting I get the 25 euro and plus fish. I told him I did not want fish and was just looking for something small before dinner. (It was already 4pm so I really just needed a small pasta.)

Once he lost the battle with the expensive plate, he insisted I get a salad. I cannot count how many times I said no. No. No. No. He kept saying “so fresh. Perfect for one. You need a good Salad on hot day.” And I finally was really irritated and said , “NO, ok?!” And he sort of said “oh ok. And slinked off sad.” Suddenly a salad appeared though and he said “made just for you! Good salad. Very small and just for you to go with pasta.” I said I didn’t want it , and he suddenly didn’t understand English. “Very good salad and comes with pasta.” With a smile he walked away and I suddenly thought “oh. This place must offer a salad with certain plates.” I had not seen this before in Italy, but I am certainly NO expert about food customs in other countries.

I ate about ten bites of the salad before my meal came. It was iceberg lettuce (gross) but was crisp and cool. Overall it wasn’t a bad salad. However it wasn’t worth the 7 euros he turned out to charge me , and when I pointed out that I said repeatedly I did not want a salad he said “but you ate it! Very good salad.” I gave my credit card and left, pretty annoyed that I had been played and Vowing to leave a review.

Looks like it’s hit or miss with this place. My advice: Go for the Happy Hour. Skip the food. Refuse any food they bring without your permission. (I warned The German couple who sat down beside me later and when the waiter did it to them they literally sent the made salad back into the kitchen without touching it and threatened to leave without paying for the drinks he if tried to bring out other items that were not requested.)

In fact, consider skipping overall until they stop ignoring the order of their customers and trying to pull one over on people to get more money. Not the most ethical of places.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Pricey for what it is, mediocre. The baby shrimp was excellent but everything else just ok. Most staff happy and attentive but there's always one let's it down and boy did she let it down. Positioning very good. Food, staff, passable. For the price id expected so much better.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Nothing special about this restaurant. It is a good location, the food is bog standard Italian and the service is fine. There are nicer restaurants to eat. This is a tourist spot - locals would rarely eat here. Good bottle Merlot though! Grand location if you have a child or young family member that would need to release some energy on the square, so family friendly location.