All reviewsrialto bridgecosts euros for hourscroissantsair conditioningbudget hotelno liftcarry your luggageprivate bathroomstay in venicenice bathroomcanal viewdouble roomwifireceptionsquarecheesemarks
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Venice is a beautiful place but it is not disabled friendly at all. So if you use a wheel chair or has difficulty walking it would be a difficult place to enjoy as not suitable terrain. The hotel is a lovely hotel, near St Marks. Very nice staff and lovely breakfast in the morning.
The only issue for me was the amount of stairs you had to climb to get to your bedroom, as no life. But in fairness it seems most hotels in Venice do not have lifts but it something to consider when booking and maybe ask for first floor to reduce the issue of stairs if a problem for someone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor unless you enjoy going up lots of flights of steps.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2016

When we here last we did not notice the 32 steps up to reception, now in our70s we sure noticed them this time, especially dragging our bags.
We arrived early around 10 but we had a room by 11 and were able to catch up on sleep. While waiting we were given coffee and rolls. The hotel has 22 rooms, unbelievable location though the maze of streets between Rialto and St Marks holds many hotels restaurants and shops, nothing but. The hotel is simple, monastic even, spotless and seems to have been renovated. Simple breakfast, friendly staff. Last time we overlooked a canal, this time a small courtyard. We paid Euros 148 a night. We came from the airport on the Alilaguna ferry, E 15 each tickets in the arrival hall or at the dock. Its quite a hike from airport to dock, a good 15 minutes, but wheelies save the day.We left to the cruise terminal. Vaporetto from Rialto, 2 stops to Piazzale Roma, across the bus terminal to the People Mover first stop Cruise Terminal. Off the ship taxi to the airport E45, which is a good deal, and plenty of taxis. WiFi I think E5 for 24 hours, but you have to log on again after not using, but that way your 24 hours lasts a lonh time! Get off the ferry at Rialto and walk to the bottom of the Rialto bridge and turn right, arrive in a small rectangular square, on the left a store called "ALICE" with that at your back head down a covered alleyway beween other stores, over a bridge and see Chiesa (Church) San Lio, the hotel is to the left of the church. Google maps? Good luck! You find a Porter when you get off the ferry, not a bad idea. Just make sure he carries your bags up the stairs!

Room Tip: Rooms on two floors, some on a canal some not.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SquanMariner
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The location just near St Marks square is the biggest draw card of this accomodation. It was a great base for us but it does have some draw backs, no lift so you are lugging your luggage up several flights of steps. Rooms are basic but comfortable, water takes a lengthy time to get warm in the shower but it does get there! Breakfast is basic but more than adequate with juice, coffee, tea and croissants. Yes I would return here due to close proximity to the Rialto bridge and St Marks square.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Lindy29
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I had a great stay here for 3 nights. Booked a single room but the room I got was spacious (double bed) and very comfortable. The location is right in the centre of the city (very near to Rialto Bridge) so you really have no problem to explore Venice by foot. They offered some simple breakfast every morning which I think is good enough.

The only thing is the WiFi because you only get to use the first 6 hours for free. After that, you need to purchase the voucher, i.e. 1 hour = 2€, 2 hours = 3€, 6 hours = 4€.

Overall, I'd consider the hotel has cozy feel, excellent location and good value for money. Definitely will stay here if I come to Venice again.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank KelefehMan
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel confronted by a narrow staircase. Not such a problem just a bit of a lug with the suitcase. Older gentleman greeted me. Friendly and to the point. Shown to my room. Facilities OK but basic. Relatively clean. Bed OK on a comfort level. Returned in the evening after a day out to be confronted by the night reception (@9:45pm) very angry that I had my key!! Said in the day no problem if you have the key but at night it's a problem!!! I replied well what if I left at 10am and returned at midnight? Apparently a problem? even though on arrival the nicer elderly gent said at 2am the door is locked and you have to ring the bell to enter. Fair enough. At no point during booking in was I told about leaving the key rule. Alk quite trivial and avoidable. Unfortunately the night receptionist was very rude abrupt and quite frankly unpleasant. Shame as I mentioned at the start fantastically situated. If you stay here please don't forget to leave your key in reception. It is t worth the hassle.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo