“The perfect place to stay in Venice”
Review of Hotel Galleria

Hotel Galleria
Ranked #179 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Mistley, United Kingdom
“The perfect place to stay in Venice”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This was our second stay at Hotel Galleria. We had such a warm welcome from Stefano and Luciano who looked after us beautifully during our visit.The perfect location right on the Grand Canal with wonderful views from our room. We happily watched Venice come to life every morning while having a delicious breakfast in our room. The hotel is situated right next to the Academia vaporetto stop which makes it ideal for transport. It is also well situated for many good restaurants in walking distance in the Dorsoduro district. We will certainly be back, as well as recommending it to friends going to Venice. Really good value. Thank you Stefano and Luciano for such a special place to stay.

Room Tip: It is worth paying extra to have a Grand Canal view room. Also the rooms on the canal are quieter th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Beedibells

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 January 2012

A 2 star on the grand canal?!! Yes, and clean, friendly, good breakfast and funky in a good way!!

• Stayed January 2012
Palm Springs, California, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We've stayed at the Hotel Galleria 5 times now, it's so wonderful! Can't beat the price for a room on the Grand Canal, would cost 2 or 3 times as much anywhere else. They also throw in a free trip in a water taxi to Murano, very special. The hosts, Stefano & Luciano, and all the employe's are great. They've helped us with all our questions on what to see and do and how to get around. Really got spoiled by them bringing us our breakfast on a silver tray in our room at whatever time we wanted (wish I could get that at home). The rooms with views on the Grand Canal, and even the rooms looking out at the Accademia Bridge, are fabulous. Room #10 is the biggest and grandest with beautiful antique furniture, venetian wallpaper, and a painted ceiling. I finally realized why we go to Venice so often, staying at this hotel is what makes it so special and why we keep going back. Great location, easy access to everywhere. The Vaporetto stops right in front of the hotel and the Alilaguna boat from the airport stops a few minutes away. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room #10 is the biggest and the grandest. Room #8 has a table and chairs in front of an arched wind...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Great location, nice staff. Stayed here Oct 10. Had big room 10 for a couple of nights which was nice, but then had to move next door to room 9 for a few nights.
Room 9 was so small you can touch both walls with arms outstretched. We chose to leave at that point and find alternative hotel. Breakfast served to room at prearranged time can be inconvenient if you want to sleep in a bit. Hotel is OK If you really need to be right next to the Academia Bridge and if you can get one of the 2 large rooms 8 or 10, otherwise there are better options.

Room Tip: Room 8 or 10.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Slam60
San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I tried to book this hotel on July 7, 2011 for a stay in early October. However, while I got immediate response to confirm the availability of the room, once I sent out my credit card information to confirm the booking, I have never heard back from them again, even though I tried to contact them a couple of times.

Naturally, I thought my email didn't get through to them and booked another hotel. However, when I came back from my Italian trip, I found I was charged for the hotel room which was never confirmed!

I tried to contact the hotel first, and again no response whatsoever. Then I had to file a dispute via my credit card company. However, they magically showed to the credit card company a confirmation email that I have never received! Now I have to write another lengthy letter to dispute the charge.

I would not recommend this place to anyone! I have done a lot of traveling over the years. This place is probably my worst nightmare.

Room Tip: Don't book this place if you don't want to go through the same nightmare!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank yyhh
galleria, Owner at Hotel Galleria, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Madam,sir,
we don't know who you are and as always with these weird reviews we are very disappointed because we can't replay.
We don't know who you are and so cannot write any sort of clarification.

You haven't tried to get in touch with us, for sure in your country you use telephones, and magically (in this case it's appropriate) this review shows up on December 24th like a funny present..
You gave to the hotel 1 star for Value, Sleep Quality, Rooms, Cleanliness, Service, how is it possible?
This review clearly shows it's weakness and unfortunately does a big harm to the hotel which doesn't deserve that.

Declaring that we "magically" showed a mail to the card company means that we showed something fake in order to steal your money.
Well, think twice before writing, we are not here to be offended by whomever.
Luckily we don't run our company to steal a little night to you and we have good lawyers to defend our honour.