All reviews lagoon view no lift great location grand canal riva degli schiavoni water bus bridge of sighs higher floor lots of hot water st marks square first floor blue line visiting venice san marco square highly recommend this hotel each morning hotel is perfect
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Wonderful location but rather disappointing stay.
Staff weren't welcoming at all, except the person in the restaurant for breakfast times. Food choices at breakfast were very limited, especially for one of us who is vegetarian.
The room was okay, nothing special although I've read some reviews stating it is boutique which I can't understand. The room and bathroom could have done with a deep clean- I dropped something, it rolled under furniture and underneath was filthy and dust covered. Fortunately we spent little time in the room.
The best thing about the hotel is its location and I think that is what the hotel relies on rather than providing a friendly, welcoming experience.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2016

A family oriented hotel with 3 stars in the center of Venice. A great view from the rooms, you will open ur eyes and watch the lagoon view in bed. A great day start. Breakfast is enaugh equipped, and if u have a chance, try the restaurant with traditiona foods. The hotel located just a few steps away from the ferry port, so easy to reach from airport with ferries.

Room Tip: First floor have view of the lagoon in the bed :)
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank İsmail Hakan M
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Fantastic location. Old fashioned but pretty. My room was number 24. Quite small but perfect for a solo traveller. Breakfast was continental and tasty. Great coffee. Dinner was gorgeous. Staff attentive and a nice welcome. Down side...very noisy - the.room above must have been on a honeymoon! My suitcase was left in reception all day rather.than being secured safely. I went and collected the case after a day out site seeing and know staff on desk to check it was my case.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2016

The Pensione Wildner is a very nice hotel in a great location. Located on the harbor just outside the Grand Canal, it is less than 5 minutes from San Marco to the west. There is a vaparetto stop and a water taxi strop almost directly in front. The rooms are not large by U.S. standards but are typical for Europe. They are clean and the bed is comfortable. We had room 25 which overlooked the bay and, in the afternoon, we would open the windows and people watch. Breakfast is included in the price of the room. It was typical continental. We also ate dinner at the restaurant which was very good. It is not a budget hotel at about $340 a night, but it was the most reasonably priced one at the time I booked, and considering its location, it was acceptable. The front desk staff and the staff in general were friendly and helpful.

Bottom line, I would book the hotel again, if/when I come back to Venice. I would recommend a bay front room. It is a bit more expensive, but worth it, in my opinion. The only downside is that, being on the main walkway along the bay, it can become quite busy with tours during the day. However, we never heard any crowd noise at all.

Room Tip: Room 25 overlooks the bay
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I've stayed at this hotel two times......both time it was wonderful! The view was exceptional, the food delicious and the location is near the vaporetto so you can get everywhere easily. Make sure you try the prix fix menu .......it was very good! You can't go wrong when staying in Venice!

Room Tip: You must stay in the Lagoon view room
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple