“Hand Made Masks”
Review of Atelier Marega

Atelier Marega
Ranked #10 of 303 Shopping in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of Venice, Atelier Marega means a wide range of masks: from the typical Venetian ones, the most fanciful and colored ones, to huge creations used also for smart fittings and furnishings. Mask are made of "paper-mache" according to the ancient traditions dated back to the beginning of the XIVth century. Morever, you can rent or buy theatrical and historical costumes, accessories, three-cornered hats, mantels, wigs, shoes and tuxedos. We are open every day from 10 AM to 7.30 PM. We have four shops in Venice: -Calle Larga San Polo 2940/b, Venezia (vicino alla chiesa dei Frari) -Fondamenta dell'Osmarin 4976/a -Fondamenta dell'Osmarin 4968
Omaha, Nebraska
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Hand Made Masks”
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This is a wonderful shop for higher end mask collectors. All the masks are hand made, painted and decorated. The owners are very helpful in showing their wares. This is not a very big store but if you want a quality mask, this is the best place to go. They offered us a 10% discount when we paid cash as opposed to CC. The quality is magnificent.

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magical Place in a Magical City”
Reviewed 22 February 2017

This is a thriving shop with unique, beautiful, authentic Venetian costumes and accessories. You will find lots of things made in China and finished in Venice....But not at this shop....it is all made in Venice and is all beautiful. Will return for Carnival next year!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Huntington Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed 17 February 2017

It was amazing. I am not a normally proportioned person and fitting me is usually a challenge. They were able to fit me into an attention grabbing authentic costume that made my Venice experience unforgettable! I felt like a celebrity with tourists taking pictures of me in my costume.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Edgar T
Vancouver, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful shop”
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Must see in Venice, eye catching store.You can buy beautiful souvenirs from this shop and staffs are great.

Visited November 2016
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“Can I give 10 stars?”
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Right between St. Mary of the Friars and Scuolo Grande di San Rocco, there is both the workshop where they sell masks, and around the corner there is just a store. I went to both but the mask I wanted I found in the store, not the workshop. The woman that worked there was lovely and as we still had nearly two weeks before returning to the US she told us that she would send our mask anytime we wanted. She sent it on the day we requested, it didn't cost much to ship, and it came in just a few days. It was also packed nicely. You have to get a mask when in Venice, and you need to get a real one. Most are fake. This place is the real deal, and the fact that you can so easily have it shipped home is a Godsend.

Visited October 2016