“Amazing experience!”
Review of Atelier Marega

Atelier Marega
Ranked #13 of 319 Shopping in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of Venice, Atelier Marega means a wide range of masks: from the typical Venetian ones, the most fanciful and colored ones, to huge creations used also for smart fittings and furnishings. Mask are made of "paper-mache" according to the ancient traditions dated back to the beginning of the XIVth century. Morever, you can rent or buy theatrical and historical costumes, accessories, three-cornered hats, mantels, wigs, shoes and tuxedos. We are open every day from 10 AM to 7.30 PM. We have four shops in Venice: -Calle Larga San Polo 2940/b, Venezia (vicino alla chiesa dei Frari) -Fondamenta dell'Osmarin 4976/a
Reviewed 17 February 2017

It was amazing. I am not a normally proportioned person and fitting me is usually a challenge. They were able to fit me into an attention grabbing authentic costume that made my Venice experience unforgettable! I felt like a celebrity with tourists taking pictures of me in my costume.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Edgar T

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Must see in Venice, eye catching store.You can buy beautiful souvenirs from this shop and staffs are great.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Right between St. Mary of the Friars and Scuolo Grande di San Rocco, there is both the workshop where they sell masks, and around the corner there is just a store. I went to both but the mask I wanted I found in the store, not the workshop. The woman that worked there was lovely and as we still had nearly two weeks before returning to the US she told us that she would send our mask anytime we wanted. She sent it on the day we requested, it didn't cost much to ship, and it came in just a few days. It was also packed nicely. You have to get a mask when in Venice, and you need to get a real one. Most are fake. This place is the real deal, and the fact that you can so easily have it shipped home is a Godsend.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

10/10 would reccomend for authentic handmade, exquisite masks at good prices. Most range from €20-€45 but there are cheaper and more lavish masks available. Cannot reccomend enough!

1  Thank Arun M
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Loooooved this place! I was looking for beautiful, high quality pieces of art to take home and my hubby found this place for me. Felt transported in time. Wonderful masks, real masterpieces, some very simple and classic, other very elaborated and unique. I have two of them home now but I will definetely order some more as I love venetian masks. This is an expensive place. The masks I bought were around 400 euros each