“Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?”
Review of Russott Hotel

Russott Hotel
Ranked #346 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Spent here 4 nights during 2011 Venice Carnival

Positive:
- the staff, very friendly and willing to help
- location is very good in San Giuliano 5 min walking to bus station, but access to the station is with risk (see negative)
- I saw a big parking in the front of the hotel. I presume is free. I did not used a car during my stay, but I put parking as a plus
- breakfast. I'm putting this as positive. not an exceptional one, but I saw much worst

Negative:
- no Internet in the room; if you want is extra cost (5 eur/2 hours) and the only access point is the hotel lobby; for me to stay in the lobby was not convenient, so it is a minus
- I think this hotel is from 1970. except the LCD TV everything else starting with furniture,bathroom and ending with elevator I think are from 1970. I like history and museums, but only to visit not to live in :(
- no pedestrian area to access the bus station. You have to walk 200 m on the right side of the highway to access the bus station; kind of risky in my opinion
- it is classified as 4 stars, but I think 3 starts is the correct classification

Now generalities about this hotel.
Location: San Giuliano. This is a small village in mainland near the Venice. Taking in consideration the price of the hotels from the heart of Venice the option to be located on the mainland should be taking into consideration.
Easy access with bus no.5 and no.19. It takes 15 min from Piaza Roma to the hotel's bus station which I may say is very reasonable as time
Timetables for 5 and 19:

No 5 is also the connection of the hotel to the airport
The public transport Venice company is called ACTV. They are operating both land and water. Prices are here:

I have bought on arrival in airport one 72h pass using the ACTV machine located there which accepted my credit card. From airport to hotel = 30 min
About the buses.... They are not stopping to the bus station unless you wave your hand to them when approaching. Also if you are inside the bus they are not stopping to the next station unless you press the button which rings a bell to driver to aware him to stop

So, to answer to the question:"Would you recommend this hotel to a friend? "
I may say yes because I am a reasonable tourist. But for others this could be a negative experience.
My final note is 2.5/5 which means average.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Mustaine2011

Reviewed 12 January 2011

Upon arrival we were greeted by a pleasant staff that spoke English very well. The gentleman that helped us get checked in was very helpful in explaining the services offered at the hotel and offered directions to the city center and to find an ATM. The hotel was comfortable although the bed was a little bit firm. The hotel lobby was beautiful and it was a little bit awkward to get there because you have to actually pass the hotel and make a u-turn to get onto the side of the road you need to be on. The room was a bit outdated but sufficient and the view from our room was great. Having jet lag I was up quite early and admired the view of Venice from our room before the sun had risen. There did seem to be an issue with the thermostat. It got quite warm in the room and we could not seem to get it to go down. So we ended up turning it off and regulating the temp by opening the window. The restaurant had a great breakfast that was included in our room rate and offered dinner as well- which was also very good. The onsite bar was a great place to unwind after our rainy day sight seeing in the center of Venice. They had plenty of tasty libations and offered us other bar snacks. Our mode of transportation was rental car and it was very easy getting to the center of Venice. We used the parking garage that was just on the right as you come onto the island. Although it was expensive I am sure it would have been just as much if not more to call a taxi from the hotel. Dispite the rainy autumn weather we experience we had an excellent time and the hotel was everything that it needed to be.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaLeigh615
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My husband and I traveled to Venice this weekend for 2 days/1 night with our 2 babies (2 1/2 and 6 months).

We drove it, the hotel was very easy to get to. Our room was very clean and the staff was very accommodating. The biggest PRO's are: FREE PARKING, FREE BREAKFAST (which was delicious), and FREE BUS that brings you right into downtown Venice (Piazzale Roma). It was a short walk to the bus stop (through a park and over a bridge. The entire experience was very pleasant, and I would recommend staying there to anyone. Our entire trip including gas, hotel, food, tolls and everything else was just under 300 euros.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rah4585
Reviewed 24 September 2010

The hotel is situated a good distance from both airport & Venice itself. Cab ride was 25 Euros, a fair price for two. Easy check in, and good access to rooms. Yes, the decor throughout is dated, and it has the feel of somewhere in need of a bit of TLC, but for an affordable hotel in a "just out of town" location you cna't do much wrong. It's not a 5-star place so don't expect it. Breakfast was fine, fair selection of juices, cold plates, and some hot food for those who want a hearty start to the day. The rooms are OK, though they don't have any tea/coffee facilities, and make sure you ask at reception for an extra pillow as you only get one and it's very thin. Bus is 10 minutes to town and cost 1.80 euros. All in all, fair hotel, with decent facilities, but don't book here expecting the earth.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank incuerpo
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Stayed here with husband and friends for one night on the way to pick up a cruise in Venice.
The hotel stands on a very busy main road on the way from the airport to the centre of venice.
Not the prettiest hotel I've ever stayed in - very 1960's!
The receptionist was very helpful and told us how to get into venice etc.
We decided to catch a bus but had to walk quite a way along a busy road to get to a bridge which took us to the bus stop.
WEAR INSECT REPELLENT if you do this as the mossies were out in force when we we there.
The room are quite spacious with everything you need but quite old fashioned.
In the corridors the carpet goes up the walls - strange!
The breakfast wasn't very nice. The fruit juices weren't real-- more like powdered and the bacon and sausage I found inedible.
The beds were very comfortable and the staff courteous.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends