“Good pastry, great coffee, stand at the bar and pay half”
Review of Rosa Salva

Rosa Salva
Ranked #17 of 51 Coffee & Tea in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 27 March 2016

We went to the Salva Rosa located at Ospedale, great venue, and when in Venice, do as the Venetians: have your coffee and pastry at the bar standing and you only pay half the price (espresso 1 Euro, pastry too ;)) compared to when you sit inside. Try the "balls" topped with white icing and pistachio sprinkles, it's filled with a sweet pistacchio cream, we found to be excellent. You can also sit outside in the sun on the plaza, lovely.

1  Thank pehchen

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Just wanted a place to sit and enjoy a relaxing coffee while going through the tour guides. Found Rosa Salva and ordered to cafe Americans and two profiteroles - 4 Euro. Boy into the profiterole and found it was filled with soft chocolate, delicious. Th staff were very friendly and easily switched to english when we ordered.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

I really enjoyed our breakfast of pastries, tea, and Italian hot chocolate here; but if you can’t fit it in your itinerary, I wouldn’t be OVERLY upset.

That said, I had Italian hot chocolate twice in Italy and this was definitely better than at the Florian; however, I’d still go to the Florian over Rosa Salva if you can only go to one because the design and the service at the Florian to me makes it an experience worth the money-- once.

Rosa Salva had plenty of seats when we arrived around 9:45 on a Monday in late February but it was challenging to hear and be heard by the staff behind the counter with all the people crammed into the small room where they keep the pastry cases.

Here are the pastries we ordered. I loved the hot chocolate and the cake that looks like a Swiss roll. The one topped with ganache was also good, as was the tart/Danish (although I've honestly never had one I didn't like). I sadly can't recall how the other one was!

By the bye, if you like chocolate and you've never had Italian hot chocolate, it's a must try! (One eats it with a spoon.)

Reviewed 8 March 2016

This is a wonderful pasticceria which despite being close to San Marco is reasonably priced. The coffees are great, as usual, and the cake selection is fantastic.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Some meters from san marko square you will find rosa solva, an old patisserie that makes the same amazing sweets like past years. Everyday fresh, nice and tastes good. You can also enjoy a coffee.