“Fantastic, best resteraunt we ate at whilst in Venice”

Osteria al Cantinon
Ranked #85 of 1,595 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: USD 29 - USD 47
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Without a doubt the loveliest little restaurant in Venice. If me and my partner ever find ourselves there again this will be our first stop. The Black spaghetti was amazing.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

As a solo traveller you hope the world will
Welcome you. In Venice for 24 hours I wanted a fabulous dinner outdoors. I found his little gem after reading reviews on here and it took a bit to find it since it’s off the beaten path. This means it’s quiet and you have to be looking for it Clearly it’s a local favorite. Everything I had was top quality This is to say the prices were not truly moderate but I was treating myself. I had the prosciutto and fried bread antispasti with a smoked burrata and a local hard cheese that was out of the world with the micro greens underneath. They offered me a bottle of local olive oil and it was heaven. I orders a light red wine, it was suggested by my adorable and completely competent server. It was so good I had two glasses. The secondi I had the chicken and peppers. Something I would never order because I hate white meat and peppers. It was delicious. Finally even though I always order tiramisu and I was told they bake their own biscuits for it, I went with the panacottq as per the servers advice since she had been spot on about the wine. It was sublime with a scent of capers and citrus. Crazy good. Topped it off with an espresso All night his while watching the gondolas go by in a narrow canal. I sat there for over two hours and never felt rushed. Sublime experience!

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Please check the photos on their Tripadvisor site.
By this time we were sopmewhat jaded after 50 different meals since we four shared but this combo topped it all.We missed home BUT,I almost did not want to leave Venice

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Try to get a table out at the canal.
The black pasta with shrimp and saffron is highly recommended.

Thank you for your great service!

1  Thank Jenny A
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is very good. I really like restaurants that don’t have many tourists. This restaurant is for locals and hence the food is exquisite. We had the tagliatelle with duck ragou and the branzino al forno. Total for 3 people 102 euros. Very good house prosecco. Fantastic.