“Great seafood in hidden gem”
Review of al storico da Crea

al storico da Crea
Ranked #552 of 1,599 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Giudecca
Description: In front to Venice lagoon, in the istorical center of the city, you can find local food and locals traditions.
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Not easy to find but worth the effort, around a 10 min walk from the Hilton Stucky Molino where we were staying. Spaghetti was freshly made and cooked perfectly; grilled calamari for main was delicious. Veggie options provided for my wife. Fantastic views and about the only place we went to in Venice that wasn't mobbed by tourists. Definitely our best meal in the week, better value than restaurants in Venice itself (we paid E70 for 2 courses for 2 people with house wine and water), strongly recommended.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Visited Sat lunchtime 28th April. Forget the view. Don’t make the effort. The waiter here is a disgrace to the industry and you don’t deserve to be treated as a guest like this.
Up to you now if you want to waste your time and money....looks like we weren’t the first to experience this cloakroom boy service.

2  Thank CustomerServiceMgr
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

When my sister and I stumbled upon this place, we thought we might find a gem off the beaten path, but boy were we in for a rude awakening. The staff was nice enough, but the food left a lot to be desired. We ordered grilled tuna and pasta al mare. Normally when I order grilled tuna, I expect it to arrive rare, but this was definitely well done. The pasta tasted mostly of salt. The food wasn’t uneatable, but for the price, I expected something much nicer. I feel that I could definitely get a better prepared meal on the East coast USA, which is a shame since I’ve heard so many wonderful things about Italian cuisine.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Mostly frequented by Venetian the restaurant is in the Cantiere on the Giudecca.
It is great to go through the boats to go to to eat.
The cooking is simple but the products fresh and of season. The soft shell crabs from the laguna are delicious (only 2 weeks during the year).
The View is STUNNING especially at sunset.
It is best to make a reservation if you want to sit outside.
As most of the restaurant in Venice it is a bit pricy but this one is worth it.

1  Thank Veneziaamata
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Yes, it's on the Guidecca and a bit hard to get to but well worth it, especially on a sunny day. A very local place with an amazing view of the lagoon. The food is nothing fancy but it is good. I've been here several times whenever I need to get away from the tourists in Venice. I love the walk through the working boat yard to get to Crea. The service is good and gets better the more you come here. If you are lucky to be here on a warm, clear day, get a table outside for an incredible experience. Please book ahead so you won't be disappointed. A lot of venetian groups come here for lunch.