“Great hotel in Venice”
Review of Aqua Palace Hotel

Aqua Palace Hotel
Ranked #44 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The Aqua Palace was a great choice made by one of my travel companions. Centrally located in the San Marco district of Venice, we were within walking distance or a boat ride from any sites we wanted to explore. The rooms were gorgeous and clean. One reviewer commented that the Aqua Palace was missing a restaurant/bar. There were delicious eats nearby, their included breakfast far exceeded expectations, and you could get any drink upon request. The staff was courteous and helpful. My friend and I had a room away from the canal which was very peaceful. Our companions had requested a room overlooking the canal which I likened to having a balcony on Bourbon Street in LA...fun when you're a participant in the festivities, but very loud when trying to get some shut eye. Keep in mind, the canals are their thouroughfares, so loud boats and trash pick up were disruptive to their sleep. Would definitely recommend this hotel, though it can be considered pricey. I balked at the cost at first, but found it worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank navidad_not

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My wife and I along with our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter visited Venice and stayed at the Aqua Palace. We found it through the Tripadvisor system. It did not disappoint! After getting over the first surprise of getting to the hotel from the airport by power boat, we were nicely surprised by a very warm welcome of Gabrielle at the front desk. Our rooms were great and just on the second floor which allowed us to use the stairs quickly vs the somewhat slow elevator.
Soon after arriving I wanted to get a couple bottles of wine and called room service. Well, the young lady had a little trouble understanding what I was ordering. She said to hold for a minute, and I supposed she was getting someone who understood English a bit better. Well, as I sat on the bed with the phone, into my bedroom comes the young lady from room service, Bernadette!! I could not believe it. My wife let her in and she said she wanted to better hear my order! UNBELIEVABLE !! In all my travels we never had a room service person so worried about our order that she came up to our room to be sure she got it right!!
Bernadette was Room Service at this somewhat small, boutique hotel. She took calls, made drinks, prepped platters and did the deliveries to rooms. What a wonderful opening experience to the great services we were to enjoy our entire time at the Aqua Palace!
Other highlights of our stay included the great desk service of Gabrielle, Roberto and also the special treatment we, and all guests, got from our breakfast attendant, Silvia! What a great lady, who had a super friendly style and ability to chat about your trip and what Venice had to offer.
What to look,out for here? On the way in, if you're flying in, take time to go online to Venicelink to check out the water taxi fares to the hotel yourself. It should be about 95-100 euros. If you ask the hotel to book it for you it's going to be closer to 145 euros. A mark-up I guess, but you can do it yourself. The walk for the airport to the dock is ok, about 200-300 yards, but gurneys are available, or just. Roll you bags or get an attendant. The trip from the airport dock to the hotel was about 20 minutes and a very cool trip. Suggestion, if you have folks that don't do well on the water, get some Dramamine in them an hour prior or use sea-bands on their wrists.
Overall, you'll love this place and enjoy it as a good base of ops for your Venice trip!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front on a low floor will be bothered by frequent early am trash pick-up and material d...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank JoeMc11
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed in Venice for 3 nights in this small - elegance hotel at the beggining of September 2012. The location is perfect for those travellers that like to walk around the whole day long. It's only 3 minutes from Rialto and 4 minutes from San marco square. So if you feel tired, it's easy to return to the hotel for a little rest and then to continue walking. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Even if there was no public computer at the lobby for cheking my emails, they gave me codes and a laptop to do my job. The buffet breakfast was delicious and the room very clean and well - sized, especially for Venice, where most hotels have small rooms. Of course the cost was too expensive for a 4 star hotel but everything in Venice is expensive. I will stay again in Aqua Palace in my next visit !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank marios68
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have recently stayed 2 nights at Aqua Palace and i must say it was impressive. A very nice small boutique hotel. Very cozy and elegant. The staff extremelly friendly. Location wise also very easy to acess and they have an entrace from the water so you can always take the water taxi. Clean and very neat. I do recommend.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at Aqua Palace at the halfway point of a three-week trip in France and Italy. When we arrived, the weather was very hot and we were tired. We walked in the door and it was sort of an "Ahhhhh...." experience, where we suddenly felt relaxed and refreshed. It was by far the most expensive place we stayed on our three-week trip, but the price seemed fair for what we got. Our room was a calm oasis, with a great bed, lovely bathroom, wifi, etc. Not much of a view from our room--just a little slice of a side canal and mostly looked across to another building--but we were out walking around so much that that was not an issue for us. The included breakfast was excellent--among the best on our whole trip. And as others have said, the location is right in the middle of things, between Rialto and San Marco.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family