“Terrible Service ”

Ristorante Carpaccio
Reserve with
Ristorante Carpaccio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #307 of 1,614 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: USD 49 - USD 125
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Description: The Owner Rosario welcome to Carpaccio Restaurant, where the experience of years in the world of ristoranzione, was fulfilled in the passion of cooking and of 'hospitality. Located on the Riva degli Schiavoni, opposite the island of San Giorgio, only ten minutes walk from Piazza San Marco. Access to the restaurant via water taxi and / or gondola, as provided Riva. We have a total capacity of about 120 seats during the summer. Room on the First Floor with a maximum capacity of 60 seats with exclusive views of the entire basin of San Marco, suitable for banquets, weddings, business dinners. The outdoor terrace overlooking the Riva with the possibility of a capacity of about 30 seats. Accesso_disabiliIl restaurant has a ramp for the disabled ii. Our forte is the cuisine of Venice, Veneto and international. Rich menu of meat and fish with a large wine list. As the name of the restaurant our specialties are the carpaccio of meat and fish, we are waiting.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food is tasty but you can find similar of the same standard nearby with infinitely better service. We ate at many other similarly priced restaurants but were treated infinitely better. They got our order wrong and did replace it and apologised but I put it down to them rushing when taking our order - it seemed like they weren’t interested in us from the beginning. They also charged us €10 each for a welcome drink (which you’re not told the price of and is not very alcoholic at all - we even had one mocktail version that cost the same). The drinks we chose were good so it feels like this welcome drink is simply a con. We would’ve ordered a second course but it took them an hour after we finished our first to come back to us that we just went straight for desert and the cheque. Beautiful location, good food but all unfortunately spoilt by bad service and cheap techniques to increase bill total.

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank Nanda123456

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Beware of the offer of appertif on arrival . Cost us 10 Euro each . Even the non alcoholic drink for a child was 10 Euro . Food was tasty but marred by these hidden costs . At least on the drinks list you know what you’re ordering .

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank LoveTravel764743
Rosario I, Proprietario at Ristorante Carpaccio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Probably is not a restaurant for you budget, sorry

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across Ristorante Carpaccio on our way walking back from the gardens at the end of the island. It is tucked behind one of the bridges and it was wonderful. We were able to sit outside and service was excellent. We ordered the prosciutto, the shrimp and champagne risotto, and tiramisu to share and a bottle of wine. Food was great and reasonable prices for your location - only about 10 minutes down the water from St Marks. It was a perfect setting for lunch out on a sunny day.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I decided on a last-minute escape to Venice for my birthday, so didn't book, plan etc. Carpaccio was recommended by a local, and when I went during Saturday afternoon to book I think they were a little skeptical of a table-for-one female customer.

However, I arrived at 8, had a nice table waiting for me, I ordered a prosecco, discussed the menu and chose my dinner. Great degustation entree (lots of 'bites' of a variety of seafood), after which I had pasta with granseola (crab), pomodorini and a touch of cognac.

I was really well looked-after, and had my glass refilled 'on the house'. After a small break I ordered a small slice of cake 'with a little candle' ... they even turned the lights down a little and presented me with my dessert. Fortunately no-one sang!!!

No, its not cheap. But I didn't want 'cheap'. I had a good dinner of fresh seafood, a lovely evening, good wine, at what I think is a reasonable price, and would certainly go back.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Alisoninitaly
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Not only does the chef/owner know his job, but he clearly loves it, so you are bound to be treated to delicious food, genuine smiles and welcoming atmosphere. I do recognize and appreciate people who enjoy what they are doing, especially in the tourist industry
As for pretty high prices, it's Venice, so it's self-explanatory. But in other places money will not buy you such a lovely experience. Grazzie mille.

Date of visit: February 2018