Hotel Canal
USD 343*
USD 293*
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Al Piave(Venice)(Great Value!)
USD 223*
USD 353*
USD 181*
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Al Duca di Venezia(Venice)(Great Value!)
USD 415*
USD 340*
Foscari Palace(Venice)(Great Value!)
USD 207*
USD 201*
  • Breakfast included
Rio Venezia Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
USD 188*
USD 151*
1,402 results
All reviewsrailway stationbudget hotelshort breakhamwater busesexcellent locationpastrieson footsmall hotelst marks squarecanalboatsveneziavaparettogondola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Enjoy staying in this hotel, though it's a pity, there is no lift here.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hotel is very conveniently located abt 5 minutes walk from the square where you are entering Venice either by bus or car. However you need to be aware that on the way to the hotel you have to cross two bridges with stairs (all bridges we crossed in Venice have stairs) and there are no ramps/slipways for trolleys. Rooms in the hotel are in average condition, but keep in mind that the hotel is XV century building. No restaurant for dinner - many others in close vicinity, and the reception staff advised us some good ones. Breakfast continental, but with addition of ham and spread cheese. Perfect view on Canal Grande from some rooms, but the view itself not very picturesque.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MOR59
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I and my mum have stayed at Hotel Canal for 4 nighs.

This city trip was a present from me to my mum and I put a lot of effort to prepare a trip that was perfect for her. My mum is 70 years old and I was worried because before booking I had been reading some of the negative comments and I was a bit worried and now I can say that most of the negative comments were too unfair.

- Bad comments about mosquitoes, we didn't have any mosquitoes.

- Bad comments about smell, we didn't notice any bad smell. We had a double room with views to the Grand Canal and the smell was amazing, you smell the fresh air of the sea, it is very very nice, the smell is like when you are in a seaport, I don't know if it smells bad other moments during the year but in our case the weather and the feeling of breathing fresh air was very nice.

- Bad comments about the cleaners not changing the towels, also very unfair, hotel instructions indicate that if you need clean towels you just leave the used ones on the floor in the morning and they put clean ones in place.

- Bad comments about the creepy looking of the hotel, also unfair, you can find 5 star hotels in Venice with a front entrance or a building that also looks creepy, this is the way Venice is, it is not just this hotel, 95% of the buildings are like this in Venice. Inside the hotel the walls are made of tapestry and it is very beautiful, it has the Murano stuff everywhere, even our room had a beautiful and expensive Murano lamp hanging from the ceiling.

- Bad comments about the staff not being friendly: this wasn't true at least in our case, the 2 girls were lovely, very friendly and caring at all times.

Great Hotel, great location, great value for money, our city trip was a present to my mum and this hotel helped me to make the perfect trip because this Hotel is not very expensive and that allowed us to go to the Opera and pay the entry in many places of interest. We also ate in great places and the whole trip was not very expensive at the end.

I would definitely return to Hotel Canal the next time and I recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms with views to the Canal are great. Every morning my mum woke up and opened the windows completely and it brings a fresh and sunny atmosphere in the room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jicaralt
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Hotel is very well placed and only a short walk from where the bus from the airport drops you off. This is really handy if you have a lot of luggage and one of the reasons we chose this hotel. Our room was adequate with enough space and clean bathroom although the shower did have a tendency to fluctuate between hot and cold. Lack of coffee/tea making facilities was disappointing as we expect this in a room even at three star level. The room was made up every day and kept cleam and tidy. Breakfast offered a good continental choice of cereals, toast, cheese, meat, croissants, friut juice and tea/coffee with plenty available even though we tended to arrive late to breakfast. Breakfast staff were curious and helpful but reception staff seemed to have little interest or time although the night staff proved to be the exception and were very helpful. As a place to sleep during a short stay it is adequate but we had the feeling that there were other better hotels for the same price.

Room Tip: We originally asked for a canal facing room but were not allocated one but on reflection the noise from early morning would have been to disturbing so a back facing room worked out fine.
1  Thank Chris C