“Thanks for the great time”

Trattoria Al Gazzettino
Reserve with
Trattoria Al Gazzettino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,493 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had an amazing lunch today. They brought us little things to taste even if we had not asked for them. Would surely recommend this restaurant highly

Write a ReviewReviews (6,381)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When you enter in Al Trattoria Gazettino you feel instantly that you are in a place with a long history..
The food was very good especially sea food fresh and just well cooked.
Quality of service and the personnality of the owner compete the incredible discovery.
I recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

OK so i booked a table well in advance, couldn't get the time i wanted which was 8pm as they said they are fully booked. People walking in off the street at 7.45 to 8.15 and seated immediately with no reservation, which is only slightly annoying when compared to everything else going on at this restaurant.
I booked this restaurant based solely on reviews on Tripadvisor, the vast majority are very good, however i am not entirely sure what these people expect or what they indeed received, my experience was poor at best.
Everything is rushed, with only a limited number of tables, i think i counted 28 / 30 covers in total, they want you in and out as quick as possible, to the point of being rude, very rude. The food was below average and for the money (whilst not expensive) this place should not be competing on any level with every other restaurant we visited whilst in Venice for 3 days. Whilst the starter was good the main was shocking, an Italian restaurant that cant make proper homemade lasagna, who would have thought ! My wife sent her duck and pasta dish back it was greasy and bland.Whilst they did remove this from the bill, its not the point, i would have happily paid double in order to have some decent food. The service however is on a different level, staff always watching to remove a dish, a plate, a glass as soon as it hits the table empty. I kid you not they took the bottle of water from my wife as she was reading the label on the reverse. Cant wait to give you the bill and get you out ready for the next victim. Trust me there are far better places for similar money and some for less money. I wouldn't return here if it was 'on the house' . I would happily eat at every other place we visited, no problem at all.

5  Thank jeremy h

Welcoming and delicious food
We look forward to go back !
Central and very friendly, we had prawns followed by meat, all exquisite

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After being very excited to have got a table booked for what is a very popular restaurant we were very disappointed with our whole experience. The food was ok but far from mind blowing for the price, the service was terrible. My girlfriend still had food on her fork when the waiter attempted to remove our unfinished plates!

The couple next to us looked very disappointed with their food. They had apparently been 2 months ago and had a great meal, this time round they said it was the worst meal they’ve ever had.

Usually trip advisor reviews have steered us in the right direction but we expect that this place has gone downhill in a major way.

4  Thank Ian C