All reviews quiet street san stefano square vaporetto stop boutique hotel our honeymoon small hotel main sights pastries visit venice min walk map luggage minibar europe
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here! Our flight arrived very late and we took the water bus from the airport to St angels and it was very easy to walk to the hotel. The water bus took around an hour. Even though it was around 2AM when we arrived the staff were very welcoming and friendly!
The location is very convenient and less than 15 minutes from all the big sites!
We took the water bus to the train station from the san. Samuele station which is literally on the door step so it was very easy.
The only con I can think of was the amount of mosquitos in the rooms even though we made a point of never opening the window.
Fantastic stay and would love to come back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Great hotel, centrally located in a lovely area. Room was really nice and stylish decor, booked for a birthday in Venice. Staff really friendly and great assistance for checking how to get around. Lovely breakfast. Vaporetto stop at the end of the street. recommended for a unique boutique place to stay and enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Last minute booking and not sure what to expect but this was a great little place to stay - a little difficult to find at night, as there is no obvious sign - but well situated for walking around (while not being too close to anywhere busy) or catching the water bus at the end of the lane. Slightly dated decor but immaculately maintained, 10/10 for cleanliness! Would not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 30 May 2016

The staff at Ca' Pagan were very friendly and helpful, especially the lady from Brazil serving at breakfast. (Sorry I didn't get her name).
Our room was quite comfortable and the location was good.
Unfortunately the internet connection was dodgy and lot of the time we couldn't get a connection also the air conditioning wasn't working in our room. We tried leaving the windows open but then the mosquito's came in!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2016

My girlfriend took me there for my birthday and April is by far the best period to go as the water does not smell at all and the temperature is perfect especially if you are comfortable with 20-22 Celsius.

The guest house is just a few minutes walk from San Marco. When we checked in, the guest house manager realised that it was my birthday when verifying my passport and left a complimentary bottle of prosecco in ice in the room for when we returned after the evening walk. It was an excellent surprise and although I do not usually drink alcohol I did put myself to bed quicker than I though after a few sips.

The hotel has 6 rooms, all on the first floor and our room was called "Vienna". It is the tiniest room I have been accommodated in my life...you need to see it; so if you are a bit claustrophobic I do not recommend; call and ask before. The room was absolutely spotless and so was every corner of the guest house. There is a mini bar and a safe. The TV is a bit small (but you are not in Venice to watch TV), probably a 32 inch but free wifi is available. The style of the furniture is traditional. I understand that at least one of the rooms was an apartment but did not see inside.

The staff is extremely friendly and the manager (Lucio) made our stay excellent as well as the lady in charge with the breakfast/cleaning. Lucio is a very well mannered, sophisticated Italian in his 40s, very keen to answer any questions.

The breakfast is tasty and the Italian pastry is excellent; although it looks similar with any other country's it definitely has it's own lovely taste. The savoury food is a bit repetitive so if you stay for too many nights you will be eating the same stuff every day (salami, cheese - so Continental); I guess if you would be accommodated in London you would have the same treatment, i.e. Full English every day, so I cannot complain about the Italian one. The lady in charge with the breakfast was very attentive and would top up all the items to the maximum all the time. This is very important as it did not give the impression that they are economic with the guests.

There are too many places to visit so Venice would probably return on our "places to see" card in 10 years time, however my girlfriend is adamant that our stay would be in the same place...this place!! Loved it!!!

Room Tip: Ca'Pagan has only 6 rooms, all on the first floor. Room "Vienna" is on the back and although very tiny, it is very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple