“Fab Place”

Review of Loredan

the Loredan is a unique Venetian style home
Loredan living room with direct access to the courtyard the glass wall encloses the beautiful marble columns and confers brightness
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
the Loredan is a unique Venetian style home
Loredan living room with direct access to the courtyard
the glass wall encloses the beautiful marble columns and confers brightness
you can also access directly the garden from the kitchen
the courtyard is so cozy that you can spend the entire day here!
the courtyard is so cozy that you can spend the entire day here!
the best dining room is outside!
view of the living room from the comfortable sofa
the brand new and well equipped kitchen of the Loredan
the kitchen opens on the private courtyard
the brand new and well equipped kitchen of the Loredan
there si a brand new WC at the ground floor
an elegant marble stairway leads to the 1st floor
at the 2nd floor there is a very quiet double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
the elegance and the quality of the furnishing is outstanding
the elegance and the quality of the furnishing is outstanding
brand new bathroom with large shower at the 1st floor
brand new bathroom with large shower at the 1st floor
single bedroom at the 1st floor
single bedroom at the 1st floor
view from the bedroom on the private courtyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Pasty53
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Fab Place”
Reviewed 12 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

It was everything in the Photo. It was situated in a perfect location. Walking distance from the Bus Station. We could not fault it. We will be booking Truly Venice again. The Lady that came round with the keys was great gave us loads of information asked us if there was anything we needed. There wasn't apart from the heat of 38 degrees. It was a welcome sight walking into the apartment it was very cool especially with the air-conditioning.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Cruisers3...
England
“Great location too overpriced”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Fabulous greeter cara think her name was
We know the area extremely well and we're suprised when she said meet at SToma. Being disabled we always choose a route with fewer bridges to cross especially with luggage from 16 day stay.
Our first problem was that we had loaded all the rental onto a cash passport for security as we were handing over a very large sum of money. They don't use cards.
Cara did offer to come back the following day luckily that was not necessary
She told us that she would have to go which was no problem. We set about the exploring the house.
The kitchen was the most important for us. We love to cook and had invited venician friends for dinner.
The kitchen was better than some of the others previous but no dishwasher only two copper bowls that tarnish when wet
They are so small that plates get wedged.
The crockery is ok
BUT the pans are all old and poor quality
The cutlery is from the 1900's
All different. No decent sharp knives for cooking. We were told not to use the back door as the glass was all cracked.
The main room looks onto a little garden

It is quite attractive but we can not understand why there should be an old electric fire outside.
We also noticed that the large plate glass windows looking onto the garden had several cracks
The sofa in the main room needs burning along with the old uncomfortable chairs.
An unsuccessful attempt to cover it with a throw was disgraceful and left us feeling itchy.
The TV had only Italian TV.
The did player had no dad's to watch! !!!!
The music player does not work
The first floor has a shower room the mos modern feature of this house . It also doubled as a laundry. Also two bedrooms on this floor which we used as a dressing room. Our bedroom was to be on the top floor. A partial four poster with parts missing. It creaks with every movement.The air conditioning in this room had been set. It did not move below 27 degrees and we found this very uncomfortable. The TV in the bedroom does not work.
In the bathroom my years of clutter and perfume bottles were on shelves.
Old wooden objects on the walls. I believe in antique pieces but surely of good quality and not left over junk
Our friends here in Venice can not believe how much money we have paid for this property in this state. It needs bringing up to date for the money being charged.
Overall great location near but just far away.
We would buy this property ourselves if available but then it needs money spending on it
Disappointed
Having a meeting today with agents for our next visits to Venice. This is our second already this year.

holly421
Madison, Connecticut
“SUPERB Venice Experience at Lorendan in Dorsoduro, Venice, Italy”
Reviewed 17 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

My two week stay in this Home named Lorendan (Dorsoduro, Venice, Italy) was more than I ever anticipated. This three level, 3 bedroom, 2-1/2 bathroom gorgeous garden home was breathtaking. But, beyond that, the exceptional service and attention to detail provided by the rental agents, Truly Venice Apartments, made this adventure a breeze! Since I booked it months in advance.....I would have questions over that time and every time I wrote to Daniela......my emails were answered in less than 24 hours.....and answered well. Right down to having the traditional Venice Shopping Cart waiting for me when I arrived.

My arrival at San Marco Airport went smoothly in spite of the rain & wind and rough Grand Canal ride in my Water Taxi, which they arranged. Upon reaching my neighborhood, I was greeted, at the Taxi stop by Sara, who escorted me and helped with baggage to the home a short distance away. Once I walked in the door, I knew I was home. I had a long list of questions, but before I could even ask them, she had already covered everything.

The home was so Venetian with so much character.....I truly felt I was living in Venice. The kitchen was fully equipped (which was paramount in that I wanted to grocery shop & cook and feel like a resident). The garden was so welcomed....it was large, private....and comfortable and well furnished. I ate dinners out there and had my tea each morning. Although I was traveling alone, I did have some family visit.....my brother and my cousin came after my five precious days alone. Thank goodness I had 3 bedrooms. But, in the end it made it all more special. We found a butcher & shopped for steaks....spent time in the grocery store and all the wonderful fruit and vegetable stands in Santa Margherita....just steps away from the home. A grocery store just a 2 minute walk.....a "mini mart" on my corner that had all the little things you might need.......stationary, make-up, paper goods, kitchen items.....! One night while making a Meat Sauce.....I needed something to secure the Bracciole....voila....they had bamboo skewers.....and it took 5 minutes to go and return!

Cocktails and antipasto in the garden before dinner were a nice time to catch up on our days & just relax & talk.

The neighborhood was ideal.......NOT flooded with tourists, not crowded yet with all the amenities you would want.....cafes, great restaurants, local (non touristy shops of great quality), responsible young college students and above all "neighbors"! Campo San Barnaba was just a few minutes walk away over a narrow canal, Zattere was about a 10 minute or so walk.....and you were on The Giudecca Canal and grand promenade....with again more restaurants & cafes......I spent every few days just walking along there.

WIFI in the home.....excellent! And in Dorsorduro generally free, fast & no password needed.......most places. I was able to get all my Venice Blog work done at home, then even when I was out wandering about.

The only issue, which is not Truly Venice's Problem, but Venice in general....Mosquittos! I had read about it in my research......and the day I arrived I opened every window in the house......my advice, don't do that!!!! Since it was October, I didn't need the windows opened, but my enthusiasm overcame me! In the garden there were some, but the home had these citrinella coils that you light......and that took care of the outdoors! Bottom line....yes they are a problem if they get inside.....but while outdoors.....actually not much of a problem at all.

I rate Truly Venice Apartments a 10.......and Lorendan a 10 as well! I am so looking forward to working with them again.......truly an exceptional experience!

To see my entire 2 weeks with pictures and details go to SassySingleSailor.blogspot.com

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Home itself, location and service
Liked least: Misquittos
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing