All reviews main sites small room st marks vaporetto stop marco canal directions kettle channels heating boats bustle tourists
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I went to Venice on 27June 2018 to 3 July 2018. I booked a twin room with the picture with a big tall tall high ceiling window. It is a 3 stars hotel. Pictures looks nice and big.

When we arrived at the hotel, the room looks much smaller. This is not the same room that same room that we booked. There was permanent bad sewage smell at the entrance and the reception. They are supposed to 24hours reception and Free high speed WiFi. Instead we were told the reception only opens from 8-6pm. The WiFi only worked intermittently and there was no internet for a few days. There is no way that this is a 3 stars hotel. It is more like an Airbnb.

Security is an issue here. When we arrived at around 7pm, we just pushed the door and it was opened and we had to wait for a while and used the button on the wall to close it. We found our key on the reception table. As there was no lock on the main entrance door, anyone could come in!!This is definitely not safe for a female solo traveler.

The bathroom was tatty with sealants on chipped enamel!! You will not see them on the pictures when you booked. Everything on the pictures are 100% perfect. After a shower, the bathroom was flooded a bit as shower water leaked to the floor and we had to use extra towels to soak them all 6 nights we stayed. The water sometimes leak out to the bedroom.

The door latch was broken. We had to use key to lock the door. We asked the manager to repair them. They said they would but they never did.

Also, rotten wood housed the refrigerator was damaged due to the leaking water from the shower. This existed for a long time already.

The fabric of the chair in the bedroom was worn out.

I paid £105.00 per night. I think this only worths less than £50.00. I asked for compensation from Agoda. They only gave me a fraction of the money. When I pressed for more compensation, Agoda is not talking to me anymore.

I called Agoda 5 times, it took about half an hour for them to answer each time. For the last 2 times, I spent about 50 minutes on the phone for them to answer, they did not even pick up my call. I just hanged up in the end. Terrible customer service. I would not recommend to use Agoda.

Please see pictures for all the evidences

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The reviews were terrible, so we were skeptical. It was way easier to find then people say, and the room was clean, good size and with a beautiful view. A great place for a shorter trip :) a cold minibar and bathtub also!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Location good however room had a bad smell, front desk needs to be asked in order to change the temperature of the AC. Water in shower cold and picture online are not representative at all. Almost no reception at all, if you plan on using your phone. (..this is the 21st century, get with the program)

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE. There are a ton of other Places to stay that are worth the money. First issue, this place is difficult to find in the city and is situated in a very dark alley where random sketchy people congregate. Second issue, the room looks very different from the website. The toilet is 2 inches from the shower and the bathroom is extremely cramped. Third issue, the toilet had dried water on it, which let me know that it hadnt been cleaned. Fourth issue, the water in the shower got cold after 5 mins of a shower and my Mate had to take a cold shower. Fifth issue, the air conditioner did not work at all, and when i went to ask for help, the guy said that he would come down to fix it and i waited 3 hours for him to show up and he never did. When it was finally time to check out and ask for a reduced cost of stay because of the issues, the manager was extremely rude and took none of the room’s issues into consideration. If you want a comfortable and suitable stay while in venice, DO NOT STAY HERE. You will regret it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed only for a night, but the mattresses were too hard, the toilet seat was broken (the management dismissively told us to live with it, since nothing can be done). Staff not too helpful with tips on how to get to places, late check-out was blankly dismissed. All in all, not a very comforting environment. But the location is very good.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
AlCanalRegio, Direttore at Al Canal Regio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear client,

thank you for taking your time to leave a review on our property.

We apologize once again for the damaged toilet seat which, having been broken by prior customer
on a weekend day, could not be fixed in time.
As for the matress, we cannot object as the comfort feeling is unique.

We do feel to reply for the negative and unjustified review on our staff, which, contrary to what has been said, have been really helpful with you during your stay, by suggesting restaurants and attractions to visit, giving you informations about tours of the city and any other possible thing and upon check out, by taking you to the dock station to help you with your luggages transportation.

Any suggestion/specification from you, on how our staff could be more helpful would be much appreciated.

We are quite sure your review may have been taken on an angry and impulsive thought.
Reason why we invite you to come back to Al Canal Regio on your future visit to Venice and enjoy our services.

With Best Regards