“Lovely Vegan Restaurant”

Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 24 July 2018

It's a 40 minute walk from the centre of Venice. We had dinner here the first night we stayed in Venice, so weren't aware that we needed to prebook for an outside table. We were told there were plenty of tables inside, which wasn't really a problem, but some people did turn up after us who hadn't prebooked an outside table either (as I heard the waiter say so) and were told the same, but then the waiter seated them outside anyway. The food was lovely, but sadly a bit wasted on us, as we'd been up for 15 hours by that point (caught a very early flight that day), and were just too tired to really enjoy the food. Unfortunately we didn't get the opportunity to go back and really appreciate their menu. It's on our to do list should we visit Venice again, and we'll make sure we're not so tired next time.

labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hope to see you next time. I am sure if we seated people outside after you it's because a table got free in the meantime . Thank you

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I would love to give this place a better review, since we are vegans and Venice didnt have so many restaurants. But all the dishes we had and it was 4, where obvisouly reheated in microwave at some point. The potato were chewy and for me that is not how potato is suppose to be. Potato have to be good in a vegan kitchen if served so i am a little bit sad i have to give this place only a 3. It was almost a 2 becuase of a Young man that works there that had an attitude like he was annoyed by working there. That gives me a bad feeling since the people serves me food wich i Will put in my body. However it does get a 3 becuase it was nice place, location wise and the food didnt taste bad.

labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

We were a little disapointed with your review. You are free to criticize as you like but it is unfair to asume something false as to the use of microwave.I suggest you to rewrite your reveiw keeping to the facts and not false assumtions.Our organic potatoes are freshly cooked in the oven and sometimes the quality are not always identical like some genetically modified potatoes.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I had never eaten a vegan meal until a friend asked me to join her at this cozy little restaurant. I was pleasently surprised to discover how tasty and delicious the meals were that I started to prepare vegan meals, and also returned to La Tecia Vegana twice more during our stay in Venice. I can’t say that I am now a vegan, but I simply like the idea of eating healthy, and eating foods that are easily digested. In summary, the food is delicious, the service is fantastic, and the setting is peaceful and quite. It’s a win win, you will be pleased.

1  Thank RogueBella
labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

It wont' take long for you to becom vegan ! Thank you

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We were staying in Venice for 5 days before joining a cruise ship and I dragged my meat eating husband to this restaurant to sample vegan cuisine. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were made to feel welcome.
After eating our way through 3 very generous courses my husband was absolutely blown away by how good the meal was.
We started off with 2 each of the starters (one of his was the Russian salad and the other a sliced wheat meat). He then had a vegan omelette as part of his main choice and I had the veggie burger with rice and salad. I declined a desert but my husband chose the Tiramisu. We were brought 2 forks (they knew we would share) and that Tiramisu was excellent.
I have never known my husband to shake the waiters hand before to show appreciation for such good food - and he did.
The overall meal cost was about £56 in UK Sterling equivalent and that included drinks.
Amazing restaurant. We were so lucky in that we had rented an apartment within about 2 minutes walk it. The whole area is quiet and a welcome break from the manic Venice streets.

labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for your review ! We are pleased that you enjoyed your meal and that you liked the area . Hope you had a nice cruise . Thank you for your visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I respect the owners motives and intent on offering vegetarians an alternative in Venice, which is rather unfriendly for vegs. Menu is ok, u can choose between 4-5 different courses amongst appetizers, 1st course and 2nd course. The dishes need more work though, especially the veggie burger which is too dry.