“Food good, service spotty.”

Osteria Doge Morosini
Ranked #1,022 of 1,610 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were looking for a place to eat and stopped by to look at the posted menu to see if this place would suffice. We were not there very long before a gentleman materialized out of nowhere to promote their homemade pasta and various seafood dishes. It sounded good, so we had a seat.

It was only a manner of minutes before we had our wine and water and our orders were taken. We were off to a good start and an enjoyable meal.

The food arrived and it was actually quite good, better than I expected and we pretty much cleaned our plates. While we were eating we couldn't help but notice that anytime someone came even remotely close to that posted menu, this same gentleman was instantly at their side to explain their specials. This was obviously how he enticed customers into the restaurant and the pattern was predictable (and entertaining).

So, while the first part of our experience was quite good and the food more than satisfying, the challenge for us came when we tried to get the check. It took several requests (and about 20 min) from the time we first asked to the time the check actually arrived and we were able to pay. By then, we were tired and satiated and all we wanted to do was pay and leave. And, unfortunately, since it was at the end of our meal, it had a negative impact on the rest of our experience.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

You would think that my partner and I being the only people in the restaurant that it would be easy to get out steaks correct. Both came out rare even though one was ordered well done. A 12 percent service charge is ridiculous. Would highly recommend anyone to continue walking.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I came here for dinner after reading all the reviews for this restaurant. But as reviews go i like to make up my own mind. I odered the seafood pasta which i thought was delicious. The review isn't about the food. Its about the service. At first ordering my main and a drink all was ok bit the staff, which there was plenty of seemed to have completely forgotton i was there. I was a lone diner so maybe that was it. I became invisible. I waited over 30 mins after my main to see if anyone would offer a dessert menu but they didn't so i decided to just get the bill and leave. Rather than give them my money for dessert and coffee. While i was waiting i noted that there were several mistakes made by the staff, sending food to the wrong tables and adding food to peoples bill they did not order. So please just be mindful. I was very disappointed to write this review as i was very happy with the food that i ate. It may have been an oversight. But i feel like restaurants in venice that add on a 12% service charge to their bill feel they don't need to wait upon people equally. I would have preferred not to have paid this as having a service charge you would think it would be a prerequisite for service. What A shame.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Me & my family (group of 8) had a wonderful dinner including many Venetian seafoods. Our server Dali took great care of us and recommended some phenomenal food, thank you Dali!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My sister had recommended this place, and she was spot on. My wife had grilled vegetables and scallops with zucchini, while I had fried calamari and lasagna bolognese. We split a very large salad and a bottle of a very nice regional merlot. The food was excellent and the service was professional, efficient, and friendly. It's not cheap, but not expensive, certainly for the quality of the food. All in all, one of the best meals we had during a week in Venice.