“Tasty food and friendly, helpful staff”

Ostaria alle Botteghe
Ranked #1,235 of 1,611 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 13 October 2018

We loved this restaurant so much we ate here 3 nights.
Angela the waitress is so helpful and her English is great.
She brightened up our visit.
Would recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We kept passing this restaurant on our walk from hotel to sites in central Venice and decided one evening to have dinner. The staff were very prompt in taking our order and delivering our food. The house wine was a very nice vino Rosso at a really good price. The spaghetti dinner was nicely prepared, yummy and priced well. It is a small place with nice Venetian character and has a couple of tables available outside - although not much of a view there since the restaurant is off of a very narrow walkway. If l lived in this part of Venice, I believe this restaurant might become one of my regular 'go to's'.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Starter fab seafood pasta and lasagne. Good wine... Main course child size portion. Handful of fries... Service slow.. Shame as started out so well...

Reviewed 24 September 2018

After two weeks of traveling through Europe, we had experienced some good and a lot of bad service.
We walked past this restaurant at least a dozen times over a couple of days and each time Andrea was standing by the door with a smile.
Finally, I said, let's go to the place with that lady.
I'm so glad we did. I didn't ask for her name, but I can see by the other reviews here that it is Andrea.
She is delightful and really a breath of fresh air. She welcomed us and was so attentive. I could see her casually checking to see if we needed anything. It felt very unusual after all of our other European experiences.

Our food and wine were good too, but sometimes, the atmosphere is more important. I think that Andrea is the best-kept secret in Venice.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Andrea is wondeful! We came back every evening we stayed in Venice. I had a wonderful experience! Food and wine is amazing!!!