“Great Coffee but Expensive!”
Review of Caffe Del Doge

Caffe Del Doge
Ranked #9 of 55 Coffee & Tea in Venice
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Recommended by our Walk's of Italy guide, as a place to drink and buy good coffee. He was right! It was, but let down by the decor, which I felt was very Seventies and a total lack of atmosphere.
We visited late afternoon so the selection of pastries was poor, I hope this was down to the time of day. I just felt a little deflated. And as mentioned in previous posts, the drinks were expensive, but seeing as anything you EAT, DRINK, VISIT & STAY AT in Venice is prohibitively expensive, why am I not surprised.
If you want the excellent coffee weather by the cup or the bean, get it to GO!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We stopped here because of its high score on TA. Completely dumbfounded as to how it scores so highly. Uninspiring decor, disinterested staff. The coffee was pretty good however at €6.60 for two cappuccino I felt robbed. We’d not long left a lovely stylish place where we had an Aperol spritz for less at €3 each and the coffee there was a fraction of the cost at €1.50 my advice is to avoid this place and go somewhere that doesn’t pull your pants down for a quick coffee fix!

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Great coffee, I saw locals like this place too, there is a gentle waiter, prices are moderatly high, but brioches are not fresh at all.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I went in this morning for a coffee. Lovely workers. Lovely croissants. The coffee was a little weak for my liking however delicious all the same

Reviewed 10 October 2018

A late afternoon stop for a coffee during rainstorm was a very pleasant experience. Super good coffee - lots of choice including single type coffees (not just blends) and some dolce's. Staff was professional and friendly. Recommended.