Art Blue
Travelocity
USD 322*
HotelsClick
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Let our experience be a warning to you. We received a text message whilst on route to the hotel telling us they had difficulties with our booking and were moving us to another place with superior rooms. We were met by a rude, so called receptionist who was definitely more Indian/Pakistani than Italian. We were escorted to a backstreet building where they had 2 rooms which were dark and dismal and definitely asian rather than Italian. Our booking with them was predicated on 'views over the square' from all windows as we were taking my elderly parents on a tour to remember of Italy. They will remember the brick wall view, the dark room and the rudeness of the staff.
Breakfast was served to you in your room, a cold poor quality jam filled croissant and dry toast biscuits without the provision of butter and burnt coffee.
This was our final stay in Italy on what would otherwise have been an excellent trip with some good quality accommodation everywhere but in Venice. I've since read the review of other guests and it would seem we are not alone, I definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel, it's not even cheap.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank SandraJHills
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We arrived at the Art Blue after a long train journey having stayed in excellent accomodation in both Rome and Florence respectively. Having found the Art Blue in the Top 10 B&B's in Venice when browsing the Guardian Travel website we had high hopes. These were soon dashed. We were greeted by a flustered looking Indian chap, who having taken our names confirmed that we were not booked in at the hotel at all !! Luckily we had had the foresight to print off the confirmation emails and handed them to him. He then left us for stood there for 20 minutes in the sweltering heat with our bags!When he returned he asked to see the email prints again and disappeared again for a further 20 minutes !!

When the flustered little man returned he announced the owner had made a mistake and had double booked the room - we would have to move !!

We ended up in a spillover room down a tiny back alley down at the far end of Piazza San Stefano in a tiny room with a single bed squeezed in for our 8 year old. The air con was broken so a portable one was shoved in a corner, which when turned on sounded like a Harrier taking off !! An unpleasently hot evening was had in a room more akin to a sauna than a bedroom.

In the morning we were told we could pack up and move to the Art Blue (the hotel we actually booked!) and that a discount would be given for our troubles. This discount turned out to be 6 Euros and a large argument broke out between myself and the Indian chap who could not seem to understand why were were so upset !! I eventually got another 10 Euro's knocked off after about 30 minutes bickering !!

On the whole the the antics at the Art Blue ruined our memory of Venice and I would not recommend checking in there as it obviously run in a very amateur way !

Leave well alone !!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Mr_White
Reviewed 8 April 2010

This B &B was hard to find luckily we stumbled upon it. Look for the Art blu cafe and go around the corner and look for the large wooden door. We were early for check in but as our room was already cleaned they let us check in. The owner turned up to check rooms were clean and everything was in order from the previous clients. We were asked to pay cash (apparently card machine was not working!). Once checked in you are given 3 keys for your room, the front door and the main door, then you are left to it and don't see anyone for the rest of your stay. You are asked to leave the keys in the wall of your room and check out by 10 am (the cleaner was waiting for us when we came back from breakfast at 9.20 and asked if we were ready to check out). Rooms were spacious and well decorated. They had obviously been renovated to a high standard a couple of years previously. Bathroom was also big and well renovated. The only negative to the bathroom was the shower was situated on the wrong wall and no shower screen therefore water went everywhere and in order to prevent this you had to shower holding shower in your one hand. When we checked out we asked to leave our bags because we were not catching train to Verona till later that afternoon, we were told we could leave them in the hallway of all the apartments and were given a front door key and main door key and told to hang them on a peg by the front door when we finished. We went back early because we weren't sure if they were that safe and found owner had returned to check we hadn't removed anything from our room. This hotel is in a good location for St. Marks square but closer to the accademia and Dorsoduro area. Cafe downstairs where breakfast was taken was quite noisy when closing up and opening up. Square is constantly used by people at all hours of the morning so noise can be constantly heard. Overall Good location, well decorated, clean and spacious accommodation which is more like a self-catering apartment than a B & B. if you can get this B & B at a reasonable price and don't mind being left to your own devices rather than pampered then I would recommend this B & B.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BargainH0lidayHunter
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I have been to many B & B's in the U.S. and I am unable to compare B & B's in Europe since I've never been to any until now. This B & B has potential, but it is not quite up to the standards that I'm used too. First of all we were greeted by Ermano, a very pleasant man, upon our arrival. That was the first and last time we saw him. Secondly, you are required to pay upon arrival which we weren't aware of. The free Wi Fi Internet access did not work for us and we had tried numerous times. There are no telephones in the rooms, but that is the standard in the U.S. as well. Rooms were very nice and clean. The issue I had with this B & B is that they don't supply you with fresh towels everyday. This had posed a problem for us because the bath/shower in our room did not have a shower curtain and the floor got soaked. We had to use the towels to sop up the water. When we returned in the evening to our room, the same towels that we cleaned the floor with was folded and put back on the rack for us to use for our next shower. This was unacceptable. We had to ask the cafe owner below the B & B, who by the way is the business partner of the B & B, to call Ermano to get us fresh towels. He complied and had fresh towels delivered to us, but he made it a point to let us know that they only change towels every three days. This info was in their rules and regulations paper, which was left in the room on the desk, but they referred the towels as sponges. We weren't sure what they meant by that and we couldn't ask Ermano about it because we couldn't get in touch with him. (No telephones) I wouldn't have minded it too much if there had been a shower curtain or door installed so water wouldn't get on the floor. For me personally, I think next time I will skip the B & B's and stick with hotels. At least you get clean towels everyday and staff members on the premises at all times.
The next question is "Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? I answered yes, but my real answer is maybe, but that wasn't one of the choices.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dina808
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I am not that easy to please, but this was a fabulous hotel. I sincerely recommend the Art Blue. The staff is amazing, always kind and ready to offer advice etc, the room with canal view was worth it. SO wonderful. Everything was clean, breakfast adequate, room beautifully decorated. We want to go back now!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business