“Creative and tasty”

Antenore Bistrot.Lab
Price range: USD 14 - USD 34
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The project "Antenor from Earth to Table" was created by the Agricultural Consortium of the Northeast, for almost a hundred years to when rvice of agriculture and rural communities, with the aim to strengthen and consolidate the territorial dialogue between consumers and producers . Antenor works in accordance with national initiatives of "Campagna Amica" and "FAI - Signed Italian Farmers", paths of quality promoted by Coldiretti. The project has two main objectives: • bring consumers to the world of the food chain through the distribution and tasting products directly from farmers (the "KM zero") • provide time and place of meeting for developing the themes of agriculture, food and Italian culinary tradition and Veneto. Antenor is a store where thematic the customer can buy food and agricultural products Italian, direct expression of the territory (mainly coming from our region), and taste dishes and recipes of the local tradition by offering integrated services catering and bar in the same space. To buy what you eat, and to eat what you buy: this will be our task proposing, innovating and, above all, informing our customer / consumer through the organization of events and theme nights
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thank god we’ve sent the kids away for pizza and could enjoy this wonderful gastro-experience. Small place next to the regional government building can certainly surprise you a bit with the creativity of the dishes both on taste and design. Quite a substantial wine selection with the noticeable emphasis on local wines, which we don’t know all that well, so just went for a classical Valpolicella from the neighbours. And don’t forget the desserts. We tried 2 (so-called Tiramisu, which tastes very far from the original, but different does absolutely not mean worse) and La Pera a delicious pear-based ice cream mixture. Bravo!!!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

An small, airy, modern-feeling drop-in restaurant on a green square in central Padua. We enjoyed our visit a year ago, and were not disappointed this time. The 'Lab' in the name indicates experiment, and some dishes were indeed ambitiously inventive: a foamy tiramisù, for instance, arrived in a ceramic egg on a bed of straw! But why not? These jeux d'esprit were all light and delicious, and the welcome and service were cheerful. The bill was acceptable: lunch for 2 cost €68, including 2 antipasti, 2 primi, 1 dolce, 2 glasses of good wine, water and coffee. If we'd had the fixed-price lunch menu, the cost would have been much less.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We were recommended Antenore by our host who lives nearby. The food was extraordinary. My husband had a dish of the whitest of poultry meat elegantly placed amid a foam of purple potato. Looked amazing and was delicious apparently. I went for a ricotta stuffed green home made ravioli with a minced wild boar sauce. It was a tasty, hearty winter dish that will be foremost in my memory of food on this trip.
We were served by a delightful attentive waitress who had excellent English even though I agree that no restaurant staff in Italy should be expected to speak English.

I cannot understand why this fabulous place has received anything but complimentary reviews, but I suppose it’s fortunate for us. We will be able to walk in as we did last night, with no queues.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Absolutely low quality food
Absolutely unfriendly and arrogant staff
Absolutely no italian way of food
Absolutely biological and no stylish taste
Absolutely no italian Standard
Absolutely highly priced wines
Absolutely no hygiene in cuisine or toilets
Am I in Germany?
Am I in London?

Reviewed 28 November 2017

I had a remarkable dinner. The decor is elegant, and service familiar but precise and corteous. I had spaghetti with clams and bottarga, and a second of crispy octopus with burrata and red fruit compote. Both were outstanding. The owner suggested me two glasses of excellent white wine. I topped the meal with a glass of barrique malvasia grappa which absolutely superb. Adding a coffee, I spent 48,50 euros, which I found absolutely honest for the quality. Highly recommended.