All reviews other guests english speaking direct access a great stay five star hotel perfect location roaring fire an upgrade the hotel offers the main shopping street cable car spa antlers mountains skiing town luxury
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this wonderful hotel for six days. The staff and our room with a view of Mt. Bianco were outstanding. Don’t miss having a drink or two at the bar which has great views and friendly service. Unfortunately the Nuevo Cuisine at dinner and the cheap breakfast were marginal at best. One dinner meal was enough for us. It is sad that a five star hotel would feature two star dinning. After our days of hiking we elected to eat our evening meals at a fabulous local restaurant with food of the region, plenty of it and at reasonable prices. We want to return to the Royal and Golf, but will not do so until the dinning arrangements improve dramatically.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Veronica R, Direttore at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Guest, Thank You for recently staying at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf, and thank You also for Your good review. I truly appreciate Your positive comments about our friendly and professional staff, as well as about the special Mont Blanc view from Your room and our Lounge Bar. Everyday we all do our best in order to ensure to every guest a service to the height of expectations. I inform You that I did take note of Your suggestions about the breakfast and dinning service, which I consider useful in order to improve our service.Looking forward to seeing you again in a near future and hoping to satisfy all Your requests. With kind regards, Veronica Revel Chion GM

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

It is a 5 stars hotel, but I guess the rating process did not take into account many factors.
Yes it is a nice building, with a big , decorated bar and comfortable rooms. However, many things were disturbing and irritating:
At the check-in we had to sign and approve all kinds of questions (never had to do so in other hotels). Then entering a tiny elevator, with room for one person and his luggage. At breakfast you had to wait 15 minutes for bad, cold coffee, and if you want an omlete - you have to pay extra (although the room includes breakfast). Scramblled eggs and bacon dissapeared after two days. In adfition to the poor service, the waiters are very unpleasant during the first 2 days.

The swimming pool is tiny, and before entering it you had to, again, sign a document with all kinds of conditions / questions. There are 300 TV channels in the room, but no english speaking onces, no BBC, CNN, SKY. On the positive side - they clean the room twice a day, and the bar has a wide veriety of drinks. All together - better go to a smaller, family managed, nice hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank You for recently being our guest at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf, and thank You also for Your good comments about our rooms and drink services. I do take note of Your review about the need of english speaking channels on TV, as well as the one about the elevators and breakfast service, which I find useful, even if our extra costs for some products are in line with the structure level. Furthermore, I inform You that the terms and conditions that we kindly ask You to sign are referred to the new Data Privacy law, and so they are compulsory. Looking forward to welcoming You back in a near future, please accept my most kind regards. Veronica Revel Chion GM.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Quick and easy check in, they take your luggage and park the car, nothing more than a good start. The lobby bar carries a long drink menu and it is perfectly served. You also get a never ending serving of hors d’oeuvres (free of charge) with the drinks. Fabulous food served in the restaurant (didn’t try the Petite Royal) with an excellent sommelier choosing local wines (already stocked up at the vinoteca). Breakfast is Italian but descent healthier choices. In all-a great stay and good value for extra money!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Let me start out by saying the staff in this hotel will not treat you well unless you are dressed to the nines. We booked this hotel in the middle of our trek for TMB. We were very excited! Immediately when we walked in the door we received dirty looks, our room wasn’t ready as we were there early so we sat out in a beautiful grass area. The entire staff ignored us. We had to go ask for a drink menu. I became very ill over the 2 days we stayed there and called the front desk to call their doctor. They never called... the front desk then said the doc would be in at 10 so I waited outside. No one showed up. I went back to the front desk, and someone else said no, we have to call the doc! Very unorganized staff. We had to get a manager involved twice to get any help. The staff does not do their jobs well at all. Yes, the hotel is beautiful but not worth your money as you will not get treated well. Not a 5 star hotel by any means. There are many other options in the area, and I would recommend trying a different hotel where the staff is more friendly and efficient.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank You for recently staying at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf. Nevertheless, I regret that Your staying did not match Your expectations as much as You felt the need to share Your negative advice with three different accounts, concerning the same staying. I do take note about Your comments about our Lounge Bar service, for which I personally apologize. Concerning the need of a doctor, I beg to differ:I apologize if, apparently, none of my colleagues took prompt action, but I personally took care of Your issue when I came to knowledge of Your need and I immediately called a doctor, which I had to cancel when You changed Your mind. You considered the idea of going to Chamonix hospital and I immediately called a taxi for You, and when You came to know that this hospital only covers cases of traumatology, You decided to go to another hospital in Aosta. I also inform You that all of my colleagues are submitted, for law, to first aid courses and, therefore, they are well aware of the behaviour in case of indispositions. I would welcome the opportunity to have a conversation with You and hope to welcome you again soon at the Grand Hotel Royal & Golf in Courmayeur. With kind regards, Veronica Revel Chion GM

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The service was absolutely horrendous as well as the food. We attempted to order food from the bar on a Saturday night and the food that came out was terrible (and our server disappeared once the food was brought out). We attempted to have a doctor called for my friend who was extremely ill, and the hotel never contacted him as they said they would. The entire time we felt as though we were not welcome despite the fact that we were paying guests. I would not bother with this place as there seem to be plenty of other nice places to stay in Courmayeur.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Veronica R, Direttore at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Guest, Thank You for recently staying at Grand Hotel Royal e Golf. Nevertheless, I regret that Your staying did not match Your expectations as much as You felt the need to share Your negative advice with two different accounts, concerning the same staying. I do take note about Your comments concerning our Lounge Bar service and the food. Nother, It is a pity that You did not mentioned the fact that, after Your complaining, we offered You to take something else without charge, and when You said no, we didn't charged You of any consummation. Concerning the need of a doctor, I beg to differ: after asking for a medical assistance for a friend, while the reception staff was calling him, You clearly told that for the moment You preferred not to call him yet. After that, You didnt' ask for a doctor again, otherwise, we would have called him for you immediately. Looking forward to seeing you again in a near future and hoping to satisfy all Your requests. With kind regards, Veronica Revel Chion GM